Chapter 17 | Date Night

Skylar Rose

I came in my house and plopped down on my sofa. I was beyond tired. I had been getting up since 6 something in the morning for my morning classes all week then after that, going straight to work. I wouldn't make it home until almost 12. Today I made it a little bit earlier though. I was so glad that today was my last day of getting up so early, that is until Monday comes. It was Friday and I didn't have to work or go to my classes for the weekend. I could just chill all this weekend.

I finally got up and went to my bathroom, turning on the shower. I hopped in, taking a quick shower then got out. I walked into my room and looked in my drawer, looking for something to slip on for bed. As I was doing that, I heard my phone ringing. I hurried up and slipped on a shirt then jogged back in the living room to my phone. I saw that it was an incoming facetime call from Dave. It had been a couple weeks since we talked about things. We been taking things slow, just like we agreed to do. We been hanging out more too and I was really enjoying it all of it. He had me on cloud nine, and I was loving every bit of it.

I sat down on the couch and answered the call. It connected and his face popped up on the screen.

He smiled then spoke. "Wassup beautiful ?"

I couldn't do nothing but blush. "Hey Dae."

"I know you just getting off, I was just calling before you go to sleep." He said.

"Yeahh, you called just in time." I said.

"Well don't go to sleep just yet. I want to talk to ya. Iann heard from you all day."

I smiled. "I'm not."

"I want to ask you some." He said, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Go ahead, shoot."

"What ya think about going out tomorrow ? " He asked.

"Like...a date ?" I asked. He nodded. I started smiling at the thought. Dave and I never really just been on a real date before. We hung out and shit, and got food. But that was about it.

"I mean, I would love to. Just need to get asked properly." I said then shrugged. He chuckled then licked his lips.

"Ight, Sky would you come show out with a niggah one time ?" He asked, making me giggle.

"Of course."

"Ight, Iann gone keep you. I can tell that you tired, baby. I'll talk to you later. I'll text you tomorrow about the date and shit." He said.

"Noooo, don't hang up. Stay on the phone." I put my best puppy face on while walking towards my room. I hopped in the bed then pulled the covers over me.

"Ight, I won't love."

We kept talking about random things until I felt myself falling asleep.

Next Day

I woke up to hear snoring. I looked down at my phone and saw that Dave and I were still on the phone. I thought he would've hung up when I fell asleep last night. I just smiled and got up. I ended the call then text him.

To Dae😌❤️
Goodmorning Dae, make sure you call me when you get up!

I shut my phone off, tossing it on my bed. I headed to the bathroom to do my daily routine. As I was brushing my teeth I heard my phone. Someone always call me while I'm doing something. I rushed over to my phone and saw that it was Lauren calling me. I rolled my eyes then answered.

"What ?" I spoke, taking the toothbrush out my mouth.

"Damn bitch, good morning to you too." She said with an attitude.