Chapter 4 | Steps

Skylar Rose

"Sooooo, how was the date ?" I asked Des. We were at the nail shop, just having girl time.

"Girl it was great! He was sooo sweet and a gentleman." She said, smiling to herself.

"Look at you!" I said to her, she started blushing. "You like this dude, don't you ?" I asked, smiling.

"I guess you could say that." She shrugged.

"Why you acting like you don't ? " I asked laughing. She just looked at me and did the same.

"Whatever, we going on another date Friday night." She said cheesing real hard. "Oh and he said he having some lil set at his place Saturday night. You gone come with me." She told me, not even asking me.

"Bitch how you know Iann busy Saturday night ?" I said while rolling my eyes.

"Girl please, you was not doing a damn thing." She waved me off.

"You know what, shut up."

"It's gone be fun Sky, and maybe you'll find a man there."

"Des, Please." I rolled my eyes.

"What ?" She acted clueless. It seems like everytime we get together now she's on my case about getting a man. What if I don't want one right now ? I just shook my head.

"Des, you gone force me to get a man ain't it ? I'm straight on having someone." I shrugged. She just looked at me.

"Ok, whatever Sky."

David Brewster

"Wassup witcha mane ?" My homie Marcus asked. We was chilling at my crib, just having a lil smoke session.

"Not shit g, you ?" I asked, inhaling the smoke from the blunt.

"Same, same." He said. I passed the blunt to him. "Immaa have to come to the shop soon, a niggah is in need of a haircut g." He said while running his hands through his hair. I owned my own barbershop. I been cutting hair since I was in middle school so having my own barbershop is something I always wanted and I finally got it. I use to be in the game and shit like that. I was good at that shit but it wasn't something I wanted to keep doing. So the money I made trapping, went towards getting my shop. Once I had enough to start my business, I got out. Now I'm doing what I always wanted and I can say I'm somewhat successful.

"Yeah, it look like it's been wayyyy overdue my guy." I said while laughing.

"Fuck you niggah." He said laughing. "Aye though, I'm having a lil set at my house Saturday." He said, passing the blunt back to me.

"Word, who all gone be innat hoe ?" I said while blowing smoke out.

"Not too many folks, the usual." He said. I just nodded.

"Ight g, immaa be in there." I said to him. We started to talk about sommo shit then he left. After he left I checked the time and saw that it was almost 9. I went to my room and went to the bathroom. I got in the shower and shit, washed off then got out. I put a towel around me and went in my room. I checked my phone and I had a few messages. This one girl named Tasia had texted me, asking me to pull up. She a coo lil chick, I been fucking with her for a minute. We nothing major though, just friends who fuck sometimes. I texted her back saying I'll be there in 20 minutes. I got dressed then headed out the door.

Skylar Rose

"Bye girl, see you Monday." I said to one of my co-workers, also my other bestfriend Lauren.

"Bye, text me girl." She waved while I walked off. I worked at Victoria Secret and was still in school. My dream is to have my own clothing store. I loved clothes, and putting  together styles and stuff. This would be my last year in college and I couldn't wait! I would finally have my business degree. I was so ready to graduate and do what I always dreamed of doing since I was small.
I made it to my car, got in then I drove off. I was hungry so I decided to stop and get some japanese. I pulled into Benihana's then went in. I walked in then stood in line. The person in front of me turned around, when I saw who it was I rolled my eyes. It was that annoying dude from the club. He turned all the way around and smiled at me. Atleast his smile is cute.

"This is the third time I'm seeing you this week." He finally spoke.

"And ?" I said while shaking my head, annoyed.

"It must be meant for you to give me your number." I chuckled.

"You ain't gone give up, huh ?" I asked, he just shook his head no.

"Next." The Japanese lady said, causing me to jump ahead of him, placing my order. "Your total is $10.94." she said. I went in my purse, getting the money. Before I could hand it to her he had already given her the money to pay for my food.

"I could've paid for my own shit, I don't need your money." I said with an attitude.

"I wanted too though." He said sweetly, ignoring my attitude. I just rolled my eyes. I tried to give him the money I was going to give to the lady but he wouldn't take it.

"I don't want your money, ma." He said, pushing my hand back. Before I could say anything, I heard my number being called for me to get my food. I got my food and walked back to him.

"Well thanks for buying my food." I said smiling a little.

"A smile, that's a first." He said, I just laughed. " So can I have your number ?" He asked, again.

"My answer still the same, no." I said smiling then I walked off.

"Well can I at least know your name ?" He yelled after me.

"Skylar." I yelled back, smiling.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey Y'all, this it for this chapter. Tbh I really don't like this chapter and it's boring but oh well. It's gone get better, hopefully. Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.😘