Chapter NineTeen

Changmin stood up quickly knocking his chair out from underneath him; everybody stopped and stared as the chair crashed to the floor. Changmin only had eyes for the three men on stage who he gave a look of total loathing to before he turned his back on them and stormed off.

Cassiopeia who had been cheering loudly for JYJ stopped. Junsu, who has been singing, went terribly off key as Changmin walked away with a new determination in his step. He had one goal and he would not be swayed from it.

The members of SHINee who had been sitting with Changmin flew out of their seats and chased after him. He swerved around tables eager to escape the awards and to face his greatest fear. Nothing would stop him, nothing. He had been a coward too long, and he would no longer live in his own self made world of pity.

"Changmin, stop," Leetuek said, standing directly in his path stopping him as Changmin approached the tables where the members of Super Junior sat.

"No, I can't. I'm sorry, Hyung. I just can't," Changmin told him, pausing for the man who had done his best to advise him in this last year of hell.

"I can't imagine how hard it would be but this scene...this scene doesn't help anybody," Leeteuk warned, taking Changmin by the arm attempting to calm the younger man.

"This isn't a scene. If I went up there and smashed all their faces in that would be a scene," Changmin told him hotly, pulling his arm away from Leeteuk.

"And I would help you," Kangin, who had been sitting next to Leeteuk, said quickly getting up from his seat and rubbing his fists together. The stern look that Leeteuk gave Kangin had him sitting back down fast.

"I have to go. I have to see Yunho. I have put it off for too long. I can't continue to avoid him...it isn't right," Changmin closed his eyes and confessed to Leeteuk his shame evident in his every word.

Heechul who had been sitting quietly, listening was suddenly up and beside Leeteuk. "Why tonight?"

"I don't know...I just know I have too. You can't stop me so don't even try," Changmin said, pushing past them.

"Fuck!" Heechul blurted out and then held up a hand to the SHINee boys, who were still intent on following Changmin. "You five back to your seats now."

"Hyung, he needs us," Minho told Heechul, trying to squeeze between Heechul and Leeteuk.

"No, he doesn't. He is about to get what he needs so go back to your table," Heechul told them as he turned around and pointed a finger at Kyuhyun and then Ryeowook, who were sitting at another table. "You two go with Changmin now." They both got up immediately and chased after Changmin.

"We should go too," Onew pleaded to the two older hyungs as Jonghyun, Key, Minho and Taemin nodded their heads in agreement eager to follow after Changmin.

Leeteuk, who was watching Heechul with curious eyes, turned to Onew. "No, gather your members and return to your table."

"Yes, Hyung," Onew said, turning and taking Minho by the arm and leading them all back to the table.

Leeteuk turned on Heechul. "What exactly is going on? You can't just send Ryeowook and Kyuhyun off with him we still have to perform we can't do it without them."

"We are going to have to..." Heechul paused. "Changmin is going to need them there with him. Yunho is going to need them there."

"Yunho..."

"Yes, Yunho. I have a feeling everything is going to change after tonight...everything." Heechul eyed Jae who had just finished with the performance. He remained on the stage his eyes locked on Heechul and full of questions. Junsu and Yoochun were soon beside him taking his arms and leading him off the stage. Heechul turned back to Leeteuk and told him, "There is something I have to tell you."