ruel music (ready - ep)

as many of you know, i've been obsessed with ruel and his music. he currently has an ep out which was released june 5, 2018 and has so many other unreleased songs, that he has performed. originally the songs were released as singles.

to start off the readyep, he begins with an intro in which his sister is talking about how his life is going to change and all.

YOUNGER ;

younger is such a beautiful song and the music video is so inspiring and meaningful

younger is such a beautiful song and the music video is so inspiring and meaningful. the song is about a lost friendship with lyrics like "you and me were so, so close and maybe thats what hurts the most." in the behind the scenes, ruel indirectly confirms that the song may be about him. he states that he plays a "bad" ruel and a "good" ruel in the mv.

DAZED AND CONFUSED ;

"oh i've been dazed and confused from that day i met you"

dazed and confused is THAT bitch. that song was nominated for an australian aria award, in which ruel was the YOUNGEST artist to win at the age of SIXTEEN. the music video is so aesthetically beautiful. the song (in my opinion) is about how he is confused about his love for the girl and hes confused with the actions that she does.

NOT THINKING BOUT YOU ;

"no, i don't want somebody else, feels like i'm going through hell"

ntby is the fourth song on the album, which is one of my favorites. the music video was shot in tokyo, japan. the song is about a break up and trying to move on, even after the person has done so already.

SAY ;

"it's easier to runway then to know what to say"

there isn't a music video for say. i tried making a gif for it but i guess it was too short so it didnt let me post it, but i did add the song if you want to listen to it for a minute. anyways, this song is so relatable, and im sure many of us can relate to it. its starts of with: "i've been feeling like its impossible to say it all and im losing all control." i believe its a song how we have a lot of all thoughts bottled up in our heads and we never get to say them because if we express our opinions/thoughts society is quick to judge us. one of my favorite lines from the song is "we might be broken by design" which is true.

DONT TELL ME ;

"i'm not your disciple i choose how i sin"

this is the last song from the ready —ep. first of all, this song is actually the first song i heard of ruel so it means so much to me. also because it was his SECOND single, while being ONLY 15 years old. he wrote this song when he was TWELVE after he was out to dinner with his family, he was talking to his sisters about a girl that he liked and they told him not to worry about it because he wasn't ready for love.

he has some other unreleased songs, and i will give you a short review over them. none of them have an official audio yet, but you can look them up on yt if you want.

unsaid: ruel said he wrote this song for a friend who committed suicide. he was very close to him, and i could see how broken he was/is when he sings it.

gospel: i havent truly figured out what it means since the lyrics are rough to know what he says but i believe its about changing and how his life will change from now to the future? im not really sure since i haven't heard it with a clear audio.

painkiller: he recently first performed this song i think at the end of 2018 going into 2019. i believe it was already new years since australia is a day ahead of us. and i absolutely fell in love with it. its soo good, even though it doesnt have an official audio yet.

ruel's music is very unique and it actually has meaning to it. and the best part of it , is that he doesn't need autotune, like many musically people and youtubers. he actually takes music serious for an underage artist and doesnt need no clout or promotions. i believe he will soon blow up, maybe he will this year. thank you for coming to my ted talk😌

stream ready by ruel 🤩 you wont regret it. youll thank me later and will remember me when he becomes famous. 😌 also extreme warning get ready to get your wig snatched by oneruel 😋