newt (tmr) | spoiler warning

i havent read all the maze runner books just  watched the movies, but can someone explain to me how the hell newt got the flare? i seen all of all movies and not once have i seen him get bit by a crank, however i seen him get attack by one

i havent read all the maze runner books just watched the movies, but can someone explain to me how the hell newt got the flare? i seen all of all movies and not once have i seen him get bit by a crank, however i seen him get attack by one.

the book version said that he could have had the flare since his childhood. the flare takes a long time to reach a persons mind but stress can quicken the process. newt was deteriorated badly in the scorch trials and death cure as his mind was facing new and stress situations each day. it also said that the flare was airborne

the movie version says he could have possibly been scratched or bitten while at the mall or while brenda and thomas were at the city. or when he came out from the upsides down truck, he was gripping his arm but i never saw him got bitten by one of thoses cranks, maybe when he opend the window when he was about to go down the truck he was bitten or scrached there.

and there is also a theory on tumblr that while being at WICKD in the movie the scorch trails, the doctors might have injected newt, cause jensen had said "we pick those who we want to survive" somewhere along those lines.

i dont quite remember the death cure movie since i only seen it once and from what i remember i dont recall any crank scene. just the scene where newt showed thomas his arm.

i still have no clue how or when he got infected unless someone is willing to explain.