The Wedding Invitation

Start from the beginning

"What?!" They all shrieked.

"Shh..." Mr Kim laughed at their confused faces. "We've been dating for like... three years now. You guys really didn't know?"

A look of realisation spread across their faces.

"No wonder a few months ago I saw Ms Ahn with a ring on her ring finger... I can't believe we just ignored it like that." Taehyung gasped.

"Even if we knew, we would never guess that her boyfriend was you!" Yoojung gasped as well.

"Well... now you know." Kim laughed. "Our wedding is 6 weeks from now and I'm only inviting you guys because... I really like you guys. Here are the invitations." Mr Kim pulled out a stack of invitaions and handed them out. "Help me pass these to Seokjin, Byulyi and Jisoo. I really hope to see the eight of you there!"

Jieun opened the invitation and indeed, in bold letters at the top of the invitation, were the words: You are invited to Kim Namjoon and Ahn Hyejin's wedding on 15th August 2020.

"Also..." Mr Kim leaned in. "You guys might all wanna go freshen up a little bit more."

~

"What?! No way... You're telling me Mr Kim-"

Seokjin began shrieking as soon as when he found out about the news of Mr Kim and Ms Ahn's relationship after school. He was so loud that everyone in class had stopped packing their bags and turned around to stare, so Jisoo had to clamp her hand over his mouth. Seokjin pried her hand away, but lowered his voice. "You're telling me that Mr Kim and Ms Ahn have been dating for 3 years and none of us knew about it?!"

"I'm not saying that but that's exactly what I'm saying." Yoojung sighed. "I can't believe how blind we were."

"They look good though, don't they?" Jieun commented and the rest agreed.

"As cute as us?" Jisoo asked the rest as she pulled Seokjin closer to her. Seokjin smiled, but for some reason, he looked really awkward.

Byulyi tried hard not to look.

"Yeah, whatever." Taehyung sighed.

"Anyway, anyway." Yoojung changed the topic before things got ugly. "Anyone wanna go dress shopping with me now? Or else I would have nothing to wear to the wedding. Byulyi? Jieun?" Yoojung hesitated. "Jisoo?"

"Oh, I'll pass." Jisoo replied immediately, still clinging onto Seokjin's arm. "We're going on a date. Right, Jin?"

Seokjin nodded silently.

Taehyung swallowed hard. All his life, he had addressed Seokjin as... well, "Seokjin". Byulyi was literally the only one who called Seokjin by his nickname "Jin". But right now...

Taehyung glanced at Byulyi. She wasn't looking very good. In fact, not good at all. She couldn't even bear to look at the lovey-dovey couple that stood in front of her and Taehyung totally knew why. He had to do something.

"I'll join you guys, I'll join!" Taehyung volunteered.

"Oh, well then..." Jimin stepped in as well. "Me too!"

Yoojung frowned. "This was supposed to be a girls day out... Why are all of you coming along?"

"Won't a guy's opinion be useful?" Taehyung pleaded. "Let us come along... Yoojung..."

"You're a guy?" Yoojung joked.

"Oh, if I'm not a guy, then I'm a girl then!" Taehyung chuckled. "Then you should let me join in on your girls day out!"

Yoojung sighed. "Fine." She stole a glance at Jungkook. "You in?"

Jungkook thought for a while. "I kinda have-"

"No excuses, bro." Taehyung swung an arm around Jungkook and his other around Byulyi. "Let's go!"

Seokjin watched Taehyung carefully, his eyes falling on his brother's arm that was placed on Byulyi's shoulder. He turned to Jisoo. "How about we join them today? I'm sure it'd be fun if we went out together for the first time."

"But..." Jisoo's face fell. "We agreed last night that today we'd go out and pick a gift for your parents, remember? We're seeing them next weekend..."

Byulyi froze. Seokjin was going to bring Byulyi to see his parents?

Taehyung sensed Byulyi's mood and laughed loudly, trying to clear the awkwardness in the air. "Oh, right! Next weekend is mom's birthday, right! I almost forgot. I was going to ask Byulyi along!"

Byulyi was shocked. "Me?"

Seokjin was equally shocked. "But I thought you said you were gonna ask Je-"

"What? No!" Taehyung laughed out loud, shooting Seokjin a nasty look after cutting him off. "I was going to ask Byulyi! Byulyi, would you like to come along?"

"I mean..." Byulyi stole a glance at Seokjin. She was supposed to get over him... Did she really want to take up this extra opportunity of seeing him?

"Come on, I'm sure mom and dad miss you... You haven't dropped by in a long while. Just come pay them a visit!"

"Well, I guess..."

"That's settled then!" Taehyung smiled gleefully. "Shall we head off now? I might need to get a suit as well."

"Yeah, let's go." Yoojung said.

"Then... we'll be off first!" Jisoo waved goodbye to everyone, before picking up her bag and walking alongside Seokjin out of the door, her hand grabbing onto Seokjin's.

Seokjin looked like he wanted to say something as he turned around before he left, but he didn't.

Byulyi watched as the happy couple walked out of the classroom hand-in-hand, her face crestfallen.