Supergirl ~ Schott Through The Heart ~ Part One

Something I can't remember if I ever said, but if anyone reads my "Emerald Steel and Scarlet Canary Archives," I have opened one-shots up to DarkSiren (Malcolm/Earth-2 Laurel) and DeathSiren (Slade/Earth-2 Laurel) prompts as well. Feel free to request any of the pairings!

So, on to this episode - a fun night is ruined by not so fun news, Earth-1ers come to be supportive, and it turns out to be one mess after another.

***

Kara set her jaw as she paced in front of her friends and family at the alien bar. "I know some of you are scared," she said. "I know some of you have never done this before. I know some of you are ready to get out there and prove yourselves. But just remember why we do this." She walked past James, Alex, J'onn, M'yrnn, and ended up in front of Winn. "We do this for the people."

Winn smirked and held up a mic lighting up in different colors, and Kara grinned, grabbing it.

***

That was how she ended up on stage singing to the Beastie Boys and dancing like a maniac. "Well, now, don't you tell me to smile, maybe stick around, make it worth your wile. Got numbers beyond what you can dial, maybe it's because we're so versatile!"

"Please tell me you're sending this to Oliver," James snickered.

"Oh, most likely," Winn laughed, trying to keep his phone steady.

"Style, profile, I said it always brings me back when I hear 'Ooh, child,'" Kara continued belting out, almost making Alex fall out of her seat laughing. "From the Hudson River to the Nile, I run the marathon to the very last mile."

She caught sight of Mon-El entering just as she started dancing the robot, and he grinned and laughed when he saw her, Kara returning his smile. She just strutted down off the stage and held the mic out to James. "Your turn," she said smugly.

James grinned in response, took the mic, and headed to the stage.

***

As it turned out, James was much better than any of them anticipated. "What went wrong?" he sang smoothly, making Kara's jaw drop and her sway to the beat. "Baby, seemed like we were going to take this further. Further. Same old song, and the juice we got from the squeeze wasn't worth it."

"Take your shirt off!" Winn called.

Kara laughed as James smirked. "Worth it!"

***

"No one can move me the way that you do, nothing erases the feeling between me and you!" Alex sang, even though she was close to falling off the stool she was sitting on.

"Oh," Kara frowned. "Who let her pick this song?"

"I drove all night to get to you," Alex continued, then held up a finger and took a sip of her drink, making Kara wince.

***

"I get so emotional, baby," J'onn tried his best, making Alex grin and Kara rock side to side. "Ain't it shocking what love can do." He stopped, then held out his hand. "Here we go, come on, Pops!" Alex, James, and Winn immediately raised their glasses in agreement, cheering M'yrnn on. "Pops, come on!"

M'yrnn rose to the challenge, surprising all of them. "Don't you know we're caught in a trap I can't walk out," he sang, making Kara gawk and mock bowing as Alex giggled. "Because I love you too much, baby."

James chuckled and headed to the bar to refill his drink, meeting Mon-El over there. "Hey, so I've been meaning to ask after seeing what Imra can do," James said. "So she's telepathic?"