Author's Note - Please Read

I'm getting a feeling I'll be getting questions asking me about when updates will come, especially considering I'm nearing the one month since I've updated time. I did these for my Doctor Who books today, so I'm going to do these for my DC fics, too. A few points.

This book will not be abandoned.

If a fanfiction hasn't been updated in a while, especially if I keep a running streak going, I understand how people could think I'm abandoning something. However, just because it's been so long since an update has happened, that doesn't mean it's abandoned. I love the fandoms I write for, and to those of you who only follow my DC books, it's not just limited to the DCTV. I write for Doctor Who, Marvel, and a few other fandoms, too. All in all, I could be working between up to six projects at a time. That reason brings me to . . .

These episodes/chapters can take super long to write.

I updated a lot more when I was in high school. That was when I had an hour and a half study hall every other day, and had half an hour every weekday except Wednesdays for homeroom. Overall, that's two hours where, if I didn't have homework to do, I could dedicate to writing. And then there was any free time I had when I got home, which was quite a bit.

I am a college student now with classes I really need to pay attention to, with classes spread out all over the day. My earliest class these past two years have been at 8:00 (every day last semester), and my latest goes until ten until 20:00. I am also a music major playing two instruments for the university, so not only do I have rehearsals I need to attend, but I also have concerts and practice time I need to fit into my schedule. I do not have the kind of time I had in high school to write out original chapters (which I need to plan out and make sure it fits with the plot and fits with the characters I'm writing) and parts of episodes (which I try to make at least 3.5K words in length, and I watch the episode as I write them out, too).

And finally, touching back on the first point . . .

I have other projects to work on besides DCTV.

Yes, I think it can be argued that these books are making me quite popular on Wattpad right now, but these were not the first books I put out that have gathered a large fanbase. The credit to that goes to my Doctor Who fanfictions, of which I have four series I work on at a time. And since Doctor Who comes back at the beginning of October, I think I may get my writing groove back for those books. My DC books may be easier to update, which means there may be more frequent ones here, but I do have twice the amount of other books to work on.

I understand you guys want updates. Believe me, I want to update all of my books as well. Right now, I'm working on a crossover with a fellow author for my Doctor Who series The Bad Wolf Chronicles, and hopefully once that's done, I'll be able to figure out a writing groove to cover all of my books again.

I'll say that word again – hopefully.

That means I make no promises regarding when updates come. With the schedule I have, all I can promise is that I will stick to my update order in when I first started writing for DC – The Unmatched Records, The Daxam Four, and the chatroom whenever it fits in. I can't say I will update this book on this date around this time because that just won't happen.

I love these books, and the last thing I want is for people to think I'm abandoning them or giving them up because that is absolutely not true. I just don't have the schedule I used to in high school to pump out chapters and episodes like they take no time at all.

I just ask for everyone to be patient. Updates will come, but I can't promise when. I've said this multiple times before, and I'll say it again – my education and my personal life (including personal health) come before any kind of fanfiction writing I do. When it comes to choosing between working on a project/practicing for a concert/homework/taking care of myself when I'm sick or writing fanfiction, I will always choose the first option.

Thank you for reading, and I hope everyone understands. I would never have made it this far on this site without everyone who has read these books, and I just ask that you stick around with me and trust me that I will get updates out when I get the time to write them.

Thank you so much again, and long live the OTPs!

~ Miss Moffat