Arrow ~ Fundamentals ~ Part Three

Ava's got her girlfriend's father's boss's back, Evelyn is a good friend (*cough* sister  *cough*), and Mon-El reveals something about the future that has everyone up in arms (metaphorically speaking).

Enjoy the final part of "Fundamentals!"

***

"I beg your pardon, Agent Sharpe," Kullens began, sputtering a bit.

"Agent Watson apologizes for not being here," Ava stepped forward into the room more, interlocking her hands behind her back. "But after she received calls from both Deputy Mayor Lance and Captain Drake regarding evidence found that two of the city's highest ranking officials were guilty of being compromised by this Ricardo Diaz, she found it important to check out and ensure that it was not, as you say, a case of Mayor Queen forcing resignations because he wants to get rid of those who are investigating him being the Green Arrow. This," she held up a flash drive of her own, "is information Agent Watson felt relevant to share after reviewing what I investigated. I would like to compare it to the evidence Captain Drake has presented to the council."

The woman who had spoken up before glanced at Kullens, who looked like he was sweating, then extended her hand. "I agree."

Ava handed over her drive, and Dinah did as well. As the councilwoman turned her computer to plug in the drives and pull up comparisons, Oliver ever so slightly turned to the woman who had shown up. "Any relation to an Ava Sharpe mentioned by Sara Lance?" he murmured quietly.

"Whatever gave you that impression, Mayor Queen?" the woman murmured back, giving him a smirk.

Oliver bit his lip to avoid smirking at the phantom of Adrian Chase that sat at the end of the table. He wasn't sure how this agent was pulling this off, but was he ever glad she was.

The councilwoman's face suddenly turned to stone. "This data is exactly the same," she announced, turning it around. "But indicts one of our own as well."

"Who?" Ava asked, tilting her head.

The councilwoman glared at the now pale Councilman Kullens across from her. "Councilman, why does this show you accepting money from this Ricardo Diaz?"

"That is fabricated!" Kullens blustered as Dinah and Quentin stared at an innocently smug Ava in shock.

"Councilman Kullens was one of my contacts here at City Hall to report back to Diaz," Armand pitched in.

"And unless you would like to accuse the FBI of perjury," Ava turned to Kullens, "I would suggest you stop talking right now, Councilman. After all," she smirked, "I find it rather convenient that one of Diaz's payments to you was right after the council made its decision known to try Mayor Queen for impeachment."

Kullens' face was as grey as his hair now. "Ladies and gentlemen, am I correct to assume that this motion was put forth by Councilman Kullens?" Armand looked around.

"He was the most vocal for it," the councilwoman confirmed.

Armand's triumphant smirk was vicious. "Fruit of the poisonous tree," he declared. "Ricardo Diaz is a criminal, and while I was working for him, I had my law degree long before Diaz had me. Councilman Kullens put forth a motion from this criminal. That makes him criminal as well. That action in itself is illegal. Therefore, with no evidence against Mayor Queen, my testimony, and evidence provided both by the SCPD and by the FBI . . . quite frankly, why are we still here when there shouldn't be a case at all?"

Kullens had turned so many colors in the last few moments that Oliver was almost worried for his health. "I agree," the councilwoman's voice was ice. "All those in favor of no indictment?" All but Kullens raised their hands, and Oliver could have collapsed in relief. "I believe that concludes this waste of time," the councilwoman nodded. "Captain Drake?"