Prologue

"My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned with only one goal – to save my city. Five months ago, a man tried to ruin everything I had worked towards. He took everyone I loved and put them back in hell to try and make me suffer. I would have lost them if an ally I put all my trust into didn't save their lives. Three months later, it was my turn to return the favor. Today, I fight my war on two fronts. By day, I lead Star City as its mayor with the support of the girl I owe everything to. But by night, we are someone else. We are something else. I am the Green Arrow. She is Supergirl."

"My name is Kara Zor-El. I'm from Krypton. I'm arefugee on this planet. I was sent to Earth to protect my cousin, but my podgot knocked off course, and by the time I got here, my cousin had already grownup and become Superman. I hid who I really was until one day when an accidentforced me to reveal myself to the world. To most people on this Earth, known inthe multiverse as Earth-38, I'm a reporter at CatCo Worldwide Media. But insecret, I work with my adoptive sister for the D.E.O. to protect my city fromalien life and anyone else that mean to cause it harm. On the Earth known asEarth-1, by day I support the man I love in his job as mayor and protect hisson, as I know his mother would have wanted me to do. But by night, whenever heneeds my help, I work with his team to save his city and ensure no poison ruinsthe work he has done. I am Supergirl. He is the Green Arrow." 

***

Because, come on, how could I resist reworking the opening monologues and making them the prologue? :P

I'm working on "Girl of Steel" right now!