Arrow ~ All For Nothing ~ Part One

Aaaaand I'm back! :D Wow, have I missed this series.

To everyone who has been patiently waiting for updates, thank you so much for sticking around. The last few months of school put a ton of pressure on me that required my full attention, and I wasn't going to sacrifice a potential good grade by diverting my attention elsewhere. Similarly, the holidays and my vacation have been spent by me focusing on my health and just having a break, because I was as sick as a dog when I got home for a while. Long story short - life happens, and life comes first. Hopefully this semester will be less rocky than last semester, so here's fingers crossed.

Also, as some of you noticed, I published a book where I will be taking prompts for Emerald Steel and Scarlet Canary. As of . . . very early this morning, I also opened it up to prompts for DarkSiren (Malcolm and Earth-2 Laurel) and DeathSiren (Slade and Earth-2 Laurel), so if there are any prompts for any of those pairings you would like to see me try, just hop on over to the book ("The Emerald Steel and Scarlet Canary Archives") to see what rules I have for requesting, and either comment on the book, put it on my message board, or PM me. It's something I've been very excited to work on!

Now, regarding this book - it's back over to Star City! A lot of money has been lost, Dark Team Arrow discovers the Outsiders' mole in Cayden James' operation, and Laurel makes a discovery.

Enjoy the first part of "All For Nothing!"

***

Oliver, clad in an SCPD jacket, walked down to the river, Quentin joining him on the bank. "All right, we're all set here," the Deputy Mayor reported.

Oliver nodded, looking at the Asian woman standing right by the water's edge. "Captain Hill, thank you for stepping up to lead the department," he told her. "I wish it was under better circumstances."

"After tonight, they will be," Hill promised.

"All right, take me through the details."

"We know Cayden James is monitoring traffic in and out of the city – airports, highways, ports, but the shoreline might be the blind spot," Hill answered.

"Specifically, right here," Quentin pointed to where they stood, Oliver eyeing Dinah as she walked up to join them. "There's no satellite flyover for about ten minutes. That's our window."

"And SWAT has the perimeter, so no one's getting in or out without us knowing it," Dinah added.

"Good," Oliver nodded, looking out over the water. "When do we make contact."

Quentin sighed, folding his arms. "Should be any minute."

The surface was quiet for a few seconds, then a man in black SCUBA gear surfaced. He lifted his goggles and trudged up towards them, and with relief, Oliver noted the ARGUS patch on his gear. "Mr. Mayor," he greeted. "I'm Alex Scott, ARGUS."

"Good to meet you," Oliver nodded.

"We're good to move?"

"Yes," he nodded.

Alex nodded, turning and putting his hand to his comms. "All clear on shore," he reported. "Exit, exit."

He grimaced suddenly, face twisting. "What's wrong?" Oliver frowned, gut twisting anxiously.

"No, just some weird feedback," Alex answered.

"Are your comms line of sight?" Oliver asked, anxiety growing.

"No," Alex shook his head. "We're patched in."

"You got to get those things off!" Oliver lunged forward.