Supergirl ~ Girl of Steel ~ Part Two

Edge is still being annoying, Kara teams up with the Protective Bunch (thank you, Tje1415 for that nickname because it is totally true), and Kariver fluff. :)

Enjoy part two!

***

Lena shook her head as she watched Edge's announcement from her office. "In the last few years, the press in this town has swung wildly to one side," he was saying.

She turned when she heard a knock on her door, and sat up when Kara entered. "Hey," she greeted. "I hate that sentient bottle of cheap cologne. Did you know?"

"No," Kara shook her head with a sigh. "James was blindsided, too. He thinks it's his fault for getting in Edge's face."

"Only he would spend that kind of money on a grudge," Lena grumbled as Kara sat down. "Do you think the shareholders will listen to Cat?"

"Well, Cat had to put her shares in a blind trust when she became Press Secretary," Kara shrugged as Lena went to pour them drinks. "But I did some digging. Edge has been quietly buying up shares until today, when he put a tender offer to the majority shareholders."

"Hey, no more free press," Lena said with mock cheer, rolling her eyes as she offered a glass to Kara.

"You've invested in his portfolio, though," Kara pointed out. "Do you think if you talked to him, you might be more persuasive?"

"Edge doesn't respect any opinions that aren't his own," Lena rolled her eyes. "Especially not a woman's."

"Lena, you helped me save the world," Kara pointed out. "You were the one to help my boyfriend and my three overprotective, surrogate vigilante siblings break me out of Cadmus. How hard could one stubborn sexist be?"

Lena laughed. "All right, I'll see what I can do."

"Thanks," Kara said gratefully.

A news report on Lena's tablet caught their eye, and they turned to see the reporter speaking. " . . . breaking news this morning. There are reports of a burglary in Old Town. We'll bring you the latest – "

Lena raised an eyebrow when Kara fidgeted slightly, but didn't leave. "You're not ditching, I see," she teased.

"Oliver's team has decided to call themselves the designated vigilantes of National City while he's in town," she sighed, making Lena laugh. Yes, that probably was what his team would do. "They're all here for the statue dedication. Quentin's coming with Thea, and they're bringing William the day of."

"Good for them," Lena smiled. "They're looking out for you. That's important."

"I know," Kara smiled. "Doesn't mean I can't feel slightly annoyed they're taking my job."

That just made Lena laugh. "Brunch some time soon?"

"I'll text you when I can," Kara promised, and Lena waved as she left.

***

"And look who showed up," Winn smirked when Oliver and Kara walked into the bar, followed by the three people they were not surprised they came with.

"Did you think I'd miss this?" Kara smiled, taking the club soda James slid her way.

"Actually, that might have been directed at you three," James pointed at Slade, Malcolm, and Laurel.

"We can still kick your ass, you know," Malcolm warned him.

James winced at that, making Alex pat his shoulder sympathetically. "Oh, the article's nearly done," Kara added. "It'll be ready for the issue."