Chapter 4

"You really think coming to a cafe was a good idea?" Taehyung asked. He was sitting at a table, across from Namjoon and Jungkook. Taehyung wasn't a fan of coffee, so his double espresso was on the table, untouched. Jungkook sipped his caramel macchiato and scrunched his nose, seeming to not like it very much. Namjoon looked to be enjoying his iced coffee, and was playing with a straw.

"It's fine, Tae," Namjoon said, bending the straw in between his fingers. Taehyung had no idea when Namjoon decided to start calling him by his nickname, but he didn't correct him, either. "Besides, we can't stay in one place for too long. Monsters can sniff us out."

Taehyung rolled his shoulders, his back hurting. His wings were folded underneath his shirt, and over his shirt was a jacket. It was extremely uncomfortable.

Namjoon smiled, his dimples appearing. He seemed to understand why Taehyung was so stiff in his seat. "Don't worry, you get used to it. Only took Jungkook and I a few weeks, right, Kook?"

Jungkook shrugged, crumpling and uncrumpling a napkin, staring blankly at the wall behind Taehyung. Namjoon looked at Jungkook with worry, but then turned to smile at Taehyung.

"Before we start, any questions?"

"Yeah— how do you enjoy this stuff?" Taehyung pointed at the coffee. "It's gross."

"Angels are sent to Earth for our studies. The Academy—"

"Academy?"

"Angel Academies, where we study. It's like schools. The Academy gives us two choices after completing our studies; we either stay on Earth and live amongst humans or return to Heaven. I came to Earth and was able to stay for a year. Over the time, I tried coffee."

Taehyung scrunched his nose. "Did Jungkook ever come to Earth?"

Jungkook looked away from the wall and met eye contact with Taehyung. "Three years."

"Oh." Taehyung frowned. "Isn't that kind of a long time?"

Jungkook shrugged. "Didn't feel like going back."

Taehyung just nodded at Jungkook. Then, to Namjoon, he said, "You said something about monsters?"

Namjoon nodded in confirmation. "Monsters; trolls, ogres, giants, evil spirits, stuff like that. Hell controls a lot— if not all— of them. Hell's population is filled with demons, which are not necessarily monsters. Demons used to be angels, but they chose the other side."

"And monsters can sniff us out? We have a scent?"

"They can sniff out angels, yes."

"How about if we take a shower? A really, really, nice, long shower with a lot of soap, and put on cologne afterwards?"

Namjoon shook his head. "The scent never leaves us. It comes with being an angel."

"Then how come I haven't been attacked in all my years of living?"

Namjoon sighed. "Hell has never attacked Earth. Earth was created by the First Seven, and was peaceful territory. We ignore humans, and they know nothing of our existence. We think that Hell may be trying to take over Earth."

"That's...not good," Taehyung said. "I'm not gonna lie; Hell seems like a jerk. Wait— I won't get struck down by some evil black colored bolt of lightning for saying that, will I?"

Namjoon let out a small laugh. "No, you won't. And besides, you can't be punished for saying the truth."

Jungkook cleared his throat. "We done with the questions? Taehyung still needs to learn to fly, and use his powers. Until we teach him how, he's practically already dead."