Chapter 1

Kim Taehyung unlocked the doors to his apartment and sighed. Stuffing his keys back into his pocket, he hung his coat up and kicked off his shoes. He squinted at the boxes in the corner of the room, which he still hadn't opened.

I'll just do it tomorrow. Procrastination exists for a reason.

Taehyung had moved to Seoul a few days ago. It was hard, convincing his mom to let him go, but he eventually won her over. Taehyung still hadn't unpacked everything, and he was too tired to do so.

The voice in his head didn't comment.

Taehyung wasn't crazy— he was perfectly sane. But the voice in his head wasn't his own. About two weeks ago, Taehyung was in his kitchen back in his home in Daegu, when the voice first spoke, scaring Taehyung and making him drop a plate.

He couldn't go to a doctor or a professional, or they would think he was crazy and send him to some mental asylum.

Taehyung guessed that the voice was a man somewhere in his twenties. He barely ever spoke, but he would always tell Taehyung that he was trapped and needed help.

Taehyung always ignored it and continued his normal, regular lifestyle.

Rolling his shoulders and grunting at his aching back, Taehyung shuffled to the kitchen. He was too lazy to grab a cup from the cabinet, so he improvised. He turned on the sink and angled his head sideways, the water running into his mouth.

Turning the tap off and wiping his mouth on his sleeve (which his mother would have scolded him for if she was here), Taehyung left the kitchen and entered his small living room.

There was a man sitting on the couch.

He was reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which Taehyung had left on the coffee table the night before. As if the man sensed his presence, he shut the book, placed it back on the table, and turned to look at Taehyung.

How did Taehyung not notice this man when he first entered?

Taehyung's panic must've shown on his face, because the man said, "Calm down. I'm not here to hurt you. If I was going to, I would have already done it."

Taehyung studied the man's face. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and a rather bored expression. His eyes seemed sad, betraying the uncaring look that Taehyung assumed he was going for.

"W-who are you? What—"

"I'm Jeon Jungkook. It's weird, I know. Some random guy shows up in your living room. But I need you to come with me."

Backing up a bit, Taehyung asked, "How do I know you won't kidnap me or something?"

The man— Jungkook— stood up and stretched, raising his eyebrows at Taehyung. "Do I look like a kidnapper to you?"

He didn't look like a criminal of any sort, but Taehyung knew better. "Looks can deceive."

"At least you're not a complete idiot," Jungkook said. "Let's make this quick, yeah?"

He shrugged off his jacket and rolled his shoulders. Then wings popped out of his back. 

Wings popped out of his back.

Maybe Taehyung was crazy.

The white feathers of the wings seemed to be arranged in an intricate pattern, which Taehyung had to admit was beautiful. Jungkook's blue eyes and blonde hair went well with the wings. Taehyung's instinct told him that the wings were real (aside from how they flapped a little when Jungkook brushed his bangs out of his eyes).

Taehyung tried not to look surprised. "Okay, this is a prank, right? Where are the cameras? Where are the people who pop out and tell me this is a prank show?"

Jungkook sighed. "Of course, growing up with a mortal mindset, you're narrow minded. I'm an angel, and this is no prank. I'm here because we need your help."

"We? There's more of you?"

"Not currently in your apartment."

Taehyung stared. An angel breaks into his house and sprouts wings, asking him to go with him to who knows where.

Seems legit.

"I once saw someone flying in the clouds. My mother told me that I'd probably just seen an airplane," Taehyung said. "I guess she was wrong."

"Pack a backpack or something. We have to go," Jungkook said, his eyes wandering around the room.

"Wait, what do you need my help for?" Taehyung asked. It was rare that anyone actually needed him for anything, much less an angel. "Is this some prophecy stuff?"

Jungkook looked unamused. "Something like that. I'm taking you to a friend of mine to help... explain things better. Now hurry up— and pack a toothbrush, too."

Three minutes later, Taehyung had a small backpack slung over his shoulder, filled with a few changes of clothes and his toothbrush and toothpaste.

Jungkook had his jacket back on, and was standing at the door, waiting. He turned the knob before turning back to look at Taehyung.

"Just a fair warning," he said. "Your life changes from this moment."