CHAPTER 22 - WHAT LONG HAIR YOU HAVE

JiaoLong sat up from bed, gasping as sweat rolled down his forehead, eyes bulging like a fish, eyes which soon filled with crocodile tears. He cried for many reasons. Patting his body, he was relieved to find out that he was still alive, but then reliving his memories of his other life he lamented at the loss he felt deep in his heart, how he'll never be able to see A'Zhe again nor feel his gentle caresses.

  He spent the rest of his night weeping in sorrow until he eventually fell asleep from exhaustion.

  When he woke in the morning he could feel the soreness and puffiness of his eyes without even looking in the mirror. With his head hung low, tears began to freely flow again.

  And then, whilst thinking about his carefree days with A'Zhe he made a decision, he called up the company which he worked at.

  He sniffed a few times and coughed a few times, evening out his voice before someone picked up the phone.

  "Hello, XX company here how may I help?"

  "Good morning this is JiaoLong speaking I'd like to speak to the manager please."

  "Ah Mr. Long wait a second and I'll put you through."

  And so JiaoLong waited. And waited...and waited. Until what seemed like half a day when a grubby, old voice spoke into the phone again.

  "Mr. Long... how nice of you to contact me after being absent a month ago now you have the audacity to be late, if your reason isn't valid I'll be taking half your pay for the next year."

  "I quit."

  "I see so you q- WHAT!?"

  "Thank you for your care these years, have a nice day."

  "Wait here you punk do you realise how generous I've been to-"

  And JiaoLong hung up without further ado. He sighed and rubbed his face, running his hand over his hair in the process, then sighing again to find that his hair had yet again stayed long. He thought for a moment and decided to leave his hair for a while, he didn't want to cut off all relations to the other life just yet.

A YEAR LATER...

  In a peaceful town on the edge of the city there was a little cafe, well known for the morning breakfast congee made by one of the employees. It was currently buzzing with business as people of all ages gathered around.

  "Congee special please!"

  "Another pork congee please!"

  "Alright alright, pipe down you hooligans!" shouted the young man taking the orders before returning to the kitchen. His hair was in a bun at the top of his head secured with a jade pin, anyone can guess that this man had extremely long hair and what amazed them was the lovely colour. 

  Shortly after JiaoLong quit his company he moved to a little riverside town outside the city where he found a run down restaurant in desperate need of cooks, he showed them a few of his comfort food recipes and they immediately took him in. When the business boomed JiaoLong was given half of the money the restaurant made overall because if it weren't for him, there would be no business at all. So now JiaoLong lives in a nice little house close by to the restaurant with a peaceful view of the river. As he walked into the kitchen, many of the watchers sighed.

  "Ay... I wish I could have him as my son in law."

  "Tell me about it! Such a nice lad!"

  "He's still single!?"

  "Well I've never seen or heard him talk about a significant other..."

  "You think his hair has something to do with it? It's so long..."