CHAPTER 2 -THE BRAT

He soon made it to the town, however he received many looks from the townspeople due to his dripping wet appearance. what a sorry state he must've looked -_-... he didn't know what caught people's attention most was his unusual hair colour. In this world only black haired people could be found, there were dark brown heads too but this mans hair... it was outright red compared to their black hair. Many subtly moved away from him fearing that he was not of human origin.

  Jiao long spotted a strong looking twig on the side of  the road thus picked it up and secured his hair into a bun.  Hopefully it'll dry soon. He then leisurely strolled around the town with no purpose. 

  after what seemed like half a day he sat down on an abandoned log and started thinking of possible ways to get out of this. Perhaps if he took back the words he said to his ancestor? No he's tried that so many times he's reversed back to cursing them again. with his chin propped against one hand leaning on his knee he fell into a daydream before being abruptly awoken by the large commotion in front of him. It seems that he had unknowingly chose to rest in front of a lords house, he tilted his head to read the name plate of the house. It read the Wei household. And without warning the doors had burst open and a small figure was thrown outside in a blur, landing at Jiao Long's feet. he was startled into a sideways position with both hands and a foot in the air.

  Jiao Long "..."

  "You ungrateful brat! You were a cocky little thing since the first day you arrived, now that your father has died we are no longer obliged to keep filth such as yourself under our roof. The master and mistress send their regards and hope for you to be  gone like the wind!" shouted what must have been a maid of that house with plain coloured dress and a wooden hair pin to keep her hair up. With that, she chucked a rusty old sack onto the floor, spat "pei" and turned to slam the door loudly. 

  Jiao Long with three limbs still in the air looked down at the youth who started to sit up and rub the dirt at his face and muttered hatefully, "Just you wait... I'll be back for you bastards." His words made Jiao Long shiver. The youth looked to be ten years of age, with hair only reaching his shoulders and a small, fragile looking build. He went to pick up his sack before turning and catching the gaze of Jiao Long. The long sought after light brown phoenix eyes stared him down. a straight nose and semi full lips, a round face and messy hair. Jiao Long could not help but think that this child was extremely adorable looking.

  "what are you looking at you retard." The youth spat at Jiao Long before he stalked away.

  Jiao Long"..." 

  Remembering that his three limbs were still raised in the air he slowly let them down. Is this one of those renowned scenes from dramas where an illegitimate son is thrown away and he comes back for revenge? Hot damn! He thought, how lucky to have witnessed a dramatic scene.

  But he didn't have the time to worry over other things right now, he had his own predicament to be worried over. the sun was setting fast and he was still damp from his joyful swim earlier today so he got up and started heading for the isolated forest. Once there he set up a small campfire with his survival lessons in mind. He sat there, uttered some more curse words at his ancestors before falling into a light sleep.

  Only to be awoken by a ruckus half an hour later.

  "Really now, I don't read web novels therefore I know for a fact that I haven't transmigrated into one yet why does all the noisy stuff seem to be happening around me? is this retribution for my swearing DEAR ancestors? ARGH!" He sat up and rubbed at his eyes, squinting into the near distance where the ruckus seemed to be at. He could make out a small figure and five larger, beefier figures. 

  "Give that back or you'll regret it you bastard!" the smaller figure shouted with his hand out stretched.

  "I don't think so pretty boy, how about you come play with us uncles and I'll reward you with more than what's in the pouch." one of the larger men said as they trailed a finger down the side of the boys face.

  "Fuck off!" The spat before sinking his teeth into the big man. Wait a second... He recognised that voice, it belonged to the brat he met earlier. He dropped his face in his hands and sighed. Can I ignore him? 

  Then he heard a grunt before the smaller body went flying for the second time that day and the larger man proceeded to pick up the boy and throw him over his shoulder. Aw shit, I don't think I'd survive the guilt. Jiao Long puffed a sigh before he got up, brushed the dirt off and proceeded to where the crowd was. As he got closer he started sweating at the size of the men, earlier today when he glanced at his reflection he seemed to be in his mid-teens, perhaps fourteen. And these men were wrapped in layers of mussel. He cleared his throat and announced his arrival.

  "Ah! I found you little brother! where did you wander off to? Oh hello kind sirs, I thank you for finding my little brother we'll just be on our way now..." He gave them a timid smile.

  The boy was shocked seeing the man whom he glared at earlier. 

  "Is this true boy?" The man carrying him asked.

  The boy "... yes."

  "Well Well... I can give him back but then what do we get? This lil' brother was going to come play with us." The others chuckled. "How about you replace him, hm?"

  Jiao Long looked at the little boy still flung over the others shoulder. Sigh, they must not have many laws here. Oh well, maybe if I performed some good deeds the ancestors would send me back to the modern world. "Very well, I'll let you each hit me once."

  The men looked at him before bursting out laughing. "No No what we had in mind wasn't to harm you that way... but I'm feeling merciful today, if you can stand back up after every strike, I will return the brat to you."

  Jiao Long swallowed nervously, again looking at the burly men and their clenched fists. "Deal." The boy was set down and he stared at Jiao Long in horror. He rushed to his side and whispered.

  "What do you think you're doing? We don't even know each other!"

  Jiao Long smiled and said, "Little brother don't worry, see it as charity work" then he patted the boys head, the hair so soft he couldn't help but ruffle it a bit. The boy stood still as he stared at the strange person step forward, confusion wrapped his mind.

  "Well then, lets begin." The first man stepped up, cracked his knuckles and punched. As simple as that but Jiao Long's eyes bulged as pain spread through his stomach, the pain was indescribable as the pain spread and it became hard to breath. The boy took a step forward but stopped when Jiao Long held his hand up. 

 He straightened from crouching and stood still readying for the next blow. The second man with scars all over his face stepped up with a grin and struck. Jiao Long crumbled under the force and felt a mouthful of blood rise, he swallowed it with difficulty be fore he stood and took the other blows. The boy stood in disbelief as his hands shook, his heart ached slightly for this stranger, his hand clutched at his chest.

  Jiao Long stood up after the last blow and smiled with tight lips. 

  The leader of the burly men looked at Jiao Long " Well, we may be bandits but I acknowledge your courage young boy, no hard feelings, I'll even leave your bag." The man patted Jiao Longs head before leaving.

  Dude your hands fucking heavy...

  After they were out of sight Jiao Long couldn't hold back the blood anymore and he spluttered it all out as he fell on his knees, coughing, he face planted the ground and passed out.

  Ay... no pain no gain I guess... This brat better be grateful.

A/N- This chapter is slightly long.. by my standards anyways lemme know what you think, ufufufu. 

I do not own the picture but it resembles the young boy at age 10,you will see his slow growth into a handsome seme/gong throughout the chapters ufufufuuf. its always the innocent looking ones...