CHAPTER 1 - WTF...

Jie Jiao Long has had enough... for the past week his boss had been extra cruel to him, piling heavy workloads on him and making him stay over time.

As he climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom he stared at his haggard appearance. Those heavy panda eyes, and that slouched back, not to mention the state of his auburn hair. Many ask how an Asian came to auburn hair and his answer would always be, "that question is for my parents to answer." And since his parents were non-existent, people awkwardly dropped the matter. His reflection showed that the tuffs of hair stuck up in odd angles.

He sighed before carrying out his morning routines, times passed in a blur and then he was out of the door headed for his work place. He had to walk up a small hill to reach the bus, this is what you get for choosing to live in a cheap house whilst your work is in the city. Jiao Long hung his head as he cursed his tiresome life...

As he was about to pass the local temple he felt the fine hairs on his arm stand up. A shiver ran through his spine as he looked towards the temple. It has been a long while since he prayed for well being from his ancestors, perhaps that's why his career was going down the toilet. He glanced at his watch before turning towards the temple and started climbing the stone steps.

The lush green that surrounded the temple rustled in response to the wind, the leaves whistled and the bamboo creaked. In fact the atmosphere was indeed a little eerie... where were the monks when you didn't need them but wanted them around so you weren't scared?

Jiao Long gulped down his fear as he lit an incense, held it between his palms and knelt on the cushion. He closed his eyes. Dear ancestors, I hope you haven't forgotten about me yet, please let my boss go a bit lighter on me, I will serve faithfully as a worker and do all that I can to assist him...fuck that... I hope he gets transported to another world and gets fucked senseless by the worst of the worst, excuse my crude language respected ancestors but I'm at the end of my line here, I may still be young but I feel like a sixty year old, cut me some slack!

As he opened his eyes, his brows furrowed at the sight before him... there was a bird in front of him, an extremely large bird of many colours topped with a crown. Its tail trailed behind like a veil from a bride and its black beady eyes were glued to Jiao Long. Jiao Long cocked his head and muttered "a fancy chicken?" upon hearing this the birds eyes narrowed into slits and without warning, lashed its tail at Jiao Long. His hands reflectively went up to shield his face but nothing ever made contact, as he peeked out from between his fingers he saw that he was enveloped within an orb of colour, upon closer look he realised that they were feathers, rustling and fluttering non-stop. He reached out his hand and touched a feather and jerked his hand back as if he were shocked. His body felt full of energy, as he quivered with this feeling only then did the thought of what the hell is happening cross his mind.

Suddenly the colour faded and Jiao Long was in an orb of water instead, it stayed un-moving for a while before it burst and surrounding water gushed at him. He stopped breathing out of shock at what just happened, thinking this is an illusion he just stayed there un-moving until he took a breath. Water clogged his nose and he was horrified by how real this felt. He started to swim up and up until finally he broke through the water and gasped in a mouthful of fresh air.

"What the fuck!?" He was panting as he felt the realism of the water he was in and the breeze that blew across his face. He spun in the water to try and see where he was, perhaps that bird knocked him into a nearby stream or something, but he was distracted by the strands of hair that followed his movements floating on water. Auburn hair that matched his. He picked up a strand and pulled, he felt a tug on his scalp. No way...

He grabbed at the floating hair around him unable to believe that it was his, unless the conditioner he used last night was full of fairy dust, he's pretty sure his hair was not this disastrously long. Jiao Long shook his head and realised he was getting cold so he started swimming towards the shore closest to him. As he climbed onto the bank he panted from swimming that distance.

Damn, I'm really outta shape...

After catching his breath he leaned over the bank and stared at his reflection. The face was still the same, light brown eyes straight nose, an average face... but his hair... it reached his waist at least in length. Maybe he can sell his hair after a haircut...

Jiao Long then stood up and turned, he was shocked again, he was afraid his heart wouldn't be able to take much more. What stood in front of him was a small bustling town, an old one from the looks of it, with the tradition tiling, curved roofs and wooden bodies. What more the people were all in tradition clothing like you'd see in those fantasy Wuxia games and films. His hand slapped his head as he breathed, "I'm in a different world aren't I..." he wasn't naïve enough to think that they were filming a TV show, how could people be filming a TV show at a quiet temple.

He looked down and saw that he was no longer wearing his work suit but instead wore a white robe that resembled what men wore underneath an outer layering from the films he had seen. Not only that, it was dripping wet, sticking closely to his body and slightly see through, he could see the pink of his flesh from shivering in the breeze. How embarrassing. Jiao Long looked towards the sky and wondered if this was the punishment for cursing at the ancestor. He snorted before wringing his hair as dry as he could with his hands before walking towards the town.

If only he knew the troubles that awaited him there then he would've turned, dived straight down into the deepest part of the lake and hope he drowns before someone finds him...

A/N- hello to those who are reading, I know it's a lil cliché but hey, it's like a must in danmei stories. Next chapter will get our MC onto the road of meeting hubby, good things comes to he she who waits right? I'll try to add a new chapter as often as I can, 3-4 times a week... so enjoy.... If anyone's reading...