Chapter 32: lost

Chapter 10

Edward’s POV

‘She’s not in the living room!’ I heard Jasper say from inside the house. ‘Bathroom is clear!’ Emmett said. ‘No Bella in the bedroom!’ Rosalie said. ‘No Bella in the rest of the house’ Alice said. I shook my head. This couldn’t be true! What should we do now? I looked at the sky and the sun to see that it was around 6 o’clock. Yes, I have skills. But let’s not think about that. I backed down while I sat down on a stone, and thought deeply. Where could Bella be? And then it hit me. We hadn’t even asked Carlisle! So, when everybody was outside the house again, I said ‘I think we should go home and ask Carlisle’. They nodded. They knew that if Carlisle didn’t know it, we had a really big problem. I got up and followed the rest who took off into the woods. While I walked past a few trees, I saw an open space. I wondered how and when that had happened, but Emmett took me out of my thoughts. ‘Edward Cullen, follow us to safe your girlfriend, NOW!’ Emmett yelled. I rolled my eyes, and started running full speed again. Soon enough we would know, and in my head I promised Bella I would safe her.

Carlisle’s POV

I sat on the chair behind my desk in my study, when Edward came rushing in, followed by the rest. By seeing their faces I could immediately tell something was wrong. ‘What’s wrong?’ I therefore asked. ‘Well, Bella wasn’t at school today, nobody has seen her, and we can’t find her’ Edward said. ‘You’re not thinking that…’ I said, linking Victoria and Bella immediately. I could see that the rest didn’t understand what I was talking about. ‘Actually, I am…’ Edward said. ‘Oh god. We have to find her!’ I replied, standing up. ‘Thinking about what?’ Emmett asked. I looked at Edward. He begged me to tell with his eyes, and I did. I took a deep breath, and said what everyone was fearing. ‘Edward and I think that Victoria has Bella’ I said. In the middle of the rumors from the rest, something hit me. What did Bella tell me a few days before? She was after Edward… So what if this wasn’t an attempt to kill Bella, but to trap Edward? I wanted to speak out my concerns, but I knew I would break my promise to Bella if I would. So I didn’t. ‘You’re okay, Carlisle?’ Jasper asked from next to me. I snapped myself out of my thoughts, and nodded. ‘Yeah, I’m fine. But I really think we should find Bella now’ I said. And then something else hit me. Edward could read my minds! I really hoped that Bella had left a part of her shield on me at that moment.

Edward’s POV

While we were in the study, I was too busy talking with everyone to focus on reading anyone’s minds. Actually, I was too busy to focus on anything. Bella was most probably kidnapped. It could be Victoria, but Alice had been watching her movements and I almost knew for sure that she wasn’t it. But who would kidnap Bella then? Or maybe she wasn’t kidnapped… It then it me. She could of course be in the reservation! I face palmed, murmuring ‘Stupid!’ to myself. ‘Yeah you are’ Emmett said. It grew silent all of a sudden. ‘I think… Bella might be okay!’ I said. ‘And you think this because….’ Rosalie said. ‘Because she can be at the reservation! That’s the only place we haven’t looked!’ I said. ‘But why would she go there, not telling anyone of us, and not coming to school afterwards?’ Alice asked. ‘Because something’s wrong there?’ I said hesitantly. Rose rolled her eyes. ‘Do you have anything better, then?’ I snapped at her. She wasn’t used to hear that tone from me, and she shook her head. ‘Then let’s go to the reservation’ I simply said.

‘If we have seen Bella?’ Sam said. I’d just entered the reservation. Sam and the pack trusted us, but the inhabitants didn’t. So, only I was allowed to come. Carlisle had to go to the hospital for an emergency surgery, so that he wasn’t standing here. And, that was also the reason I was standing here now, in front of Sam, who looked puzzled. ‘No, we haven’t. Is there something wrong?’ he asked. ‘Crap….’ I muttered. If she wasn’t here, that meant she really was kidnapped, and that was something I tried to avoid. I could see Sam wanted to ask something, but then Paul yelled something to him. ‘I think he’s at the beach!’ he yelled, before taking off to it. ‘Something wrong?’ I asked pulling up an eyebrow. ‘Since your Australian trip, Jake has been depressed. We try to help him as much as we can, but if we can’t find him…’ Sam said. ‘Don’t tell me I have to go looking for him as well’ I said with a small smile. ‘Looking? What is going on Edward?’ Sam asked. I just wanted to answer him, when I heard Jasper yelling in her minds. ‘Edward, come here, NOW!’ he yelled repeatedly. ‘Got to go’ I said, before turning around and running away at full human speed.

‘What is it?’ I asked when I was in hearing distance. ‘I had a vision. It was Bella getting attacked. By Caius’ Alice said. I was shocked. ‘By Caius? What?’ I said, not ready to match the info with the current situation, while walking into view. I saw Alice and Jasper sitting on some kind of stone, while Emmett stood next to a tree whilst he was leaning against it and Rosalie just leant against the car. ‘We think that Caius has Bella’ Jasper said, noticing I couldn’t progress the info. ‘Wow, obvious…’ Emmett said. ‘Shut it, Emmett’ I said. He rolled his eyes. ‘You shut it yourself’ he muttered. I looked at him with concern. ‘Are you okay?’ I asked him. He looked me straight into my eyes. And I knew he wasn’t. ‘Yeah, I’m fine’ he said. I looked at Jasper, who seemed too busy with Alice to notice Emmett’s weird mood. I cleared my throat. ‘Anyways, it seems like we’re going to Volterra then!’ I said. ‘Oh hell no. You aren’t going anywhere!’ all of a sudden a voice said from behind.

Bella’s POV

The upcoming day, the vampires that kept me hostage took care of me. Indeed, hostage. I couldn’t find any better word for it. When they first brought me to some open space, and just left me sitting in the middle, I’d rolled my eyes. ‘You guys are just going to let me sit here?’ I had asked. They hadn’t replied. I soon enough found out that this was the best way of keeping someone hostage ever invented. Every single movement could be registered from around the field. And since they were vampires, they could register every single movement, every movement of my chest while I breathed, every movement of my nervous hand tapping on the ground slowly. The first and only time I tried to escape, I ended up having my arm having almost ripped off. That damn hurts. But back to me sitting there. All of a sudden, one of the vampires came over to me. ‘Stand up. We have some guests’ he said. I stood up to see Edward, Alice, Jasper, Rosalie and Emmett walk out of the forest. A smile broke through on my face. I’m going to be okay!

Soon enough I realized this was false hope. Indeed, my boyfriend and his family came, but they where guarded with at least 10 vampires. Edward and the others were good, but not that good. ‘BELLA!’ I could hear Edward say. ‘Edward’ a voice said. I knew it was him. Edward looked up, trying to figure out where the voice came from. The owner of it came from out of the shadows. Edward’s jaw dropped. So did everybody else’s. I meant from the Cullens, of course. ‘You…’ was all Edward could say. ‘Of course not, someone else’ he said with a slight trace of sarcasm. Edward couldn’t even roll his eyes. I pleaded for him to look me in the eyes. I yelled at him in my minds. But my shield blocked it. And then I knew I was too late. Edward left the group of his family and the guarders, and attacked him. Jacob Black.

HEY GUYS! It took me a whole freaking month to write this! It still shocks me. Anyways, I hope I can get the next chapter(s) up in the upcoming weeks, cause school will be starting the 3rd of September again. 

Anyways, YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING DID YOU??? OOOOOOOOH YOU DIDN'T!! Haha when I told FantasyGirl21 her jaw dropped just like Edward's did. It was so funny to see, you should've been there! Anyways, indeed, Jacob. I kinda suggested it in the reservation already, didn't I? A small hint.... HOPE YOU ENJOYED!! :D 

Please Vote, Comment, Fan and Enjoy!

Grtz,

RedTears