Chapter 14: going

Chapter 14

Bella’s POV

‘We have to go downstairs’ Edward told me. I was surprised and curious at how he knew this, but a second later I was only surprised. I forgot all the time that Edward was a mind reader! ‘Why?’ I asked. ‘Something about that mutt…’ he replied. ‘HE’S NOT A MUTT!’ I yelled at him. ‘Okay, okay. Something about Jacob. Don’t overreact so much!’ he said with his crooked smile that I loved since yesterday. And when I think about it, since yesterday a lot of things changed. Yesterday was the day that Edward kissed me. The day that we found out we loved eachother. The best day of my entire life. I came back in the now, seeing Edward waiting for me by the door. ‘It’s not my friend, remember’ he said. I jumped up and replied ‘Yes sir!’ and we laughed. Then we walked downstairs to the living room. His arm around my shoulder, my arm around his waist. When we walked into the living room everyone stared at us. They all had a weird smile on their face. Something like: “I knew it all the time!” or “That took a while!” and it was funny to see. But soon after that Jasper and Edward looked alarmd to Alice. She was having a vision.

---Vision---

‘I want her’ James said. ‘Why?’ Victoria answered. ‘She is so protected, that just needs to have a reason’ James replied. ‘If I may, I think the human is a friend of them’ Laurant said. James turned to Laurant, with an annoyed glare in his eyes. ‘Wow, Sherlock Holmes has finally spoken!’ and then turned his attention to Victoria again. ‘I have to get her. No matter what’ he said. ‘I’ll help you’ Victoria said, desperatly. ‘I have to think about this..’ Laurant said. Full of anger, James turned around to Laurant again. ‘THINK? YOU HAVE TO THINK? I don’t get why I actually need you!’ he screamed at Laurant. After screaming that he rushed over to Laurant and ripped his head of. With a lightner he set the body on fire. ‘I like it more when it’s clean over here’ James said. ‘Totally agree’ Victoria said with an evil smile on her face.

---End of the vision---

We all looked at Alice and Edward, because they both knew what she saw. ‘James and that red haired women’ Alice said. ‘Victoria’ I said surprised. I was deathly scared of them, but I wanted to know what was going on. ‘But where’s Laurant?’ I asked. ‘They just killed him’ Edward replied. In disbelieve I stared at him. ‘He didn’t want to help James’ Alice said. ‘Help him with what?’ I asked. ‘Killing you’ Edward replied.

Edward’s POV

I saw her eyes getting bigger and bigger. I knew that if they would get even bigger, they would just pop out. ‘Calm down Bella! I’m not going to let anything happen to you!’ I said. I saw that she was still freaking out, but that changed after Jasper was done. I sended him a “Thank you” glare, but then stared back at Bella again. ‘Nothing will happen to you’ I repeted. She nodded. ‘Your safe here, Bella’ Carlisle said. ‘If they want to kill you, they first have to go through me’ Jasper said. ‘Then she will be dead very soon’ Emmett replied with an evil grin on his face. ‘Haha’ Jasper replied. Emmett then started laughing. I shook my head. What have I done wrong to get this family? But I knew, somewhere far away at this moment, that I loved them and that I would give my live for them. Even though they where the worst “comedians” ever.

‘Alice?’ I asked. ‘Yes, Edward?’ she said. I asked the thing that I wanted to know since that 3 devils showed up. ‘Do they know where we live and that we have gifts?’ I asked her. She had to think about that. After a few seconds she said ‘They know where we live, but they can’t understand our gifts. Not that they have really special ones, except from James being a tracker’ she said. I nodded. I was already afraid of this. ‘Then we have to go away. Far away from here’ I said. She nodded. ‘Were should we go then?’ Alice asked. ‘Somewhere they won’t suspect us to go’ I replied. We thought for a moment, and then came to the same conclusion. ‘We can go to Phoenix. Bella’s grown up there so I hope she still knows the city’ I said. Alice nodded. ‘And because her mother doesn’t live there anymore is that not a problem’ Alice said. I nodded again. I tried to look for Bella to tell her what we were planning to do.

‘Phoenix? Seriously?’ she said with a sarcastic voice. ‘Yep’ I said. ‘the tracker (I heard Bella saying that he was called James), Okay, I mean James, won’t suspect us to go there’ I said. ‘Because we’re vampires and we’ll sparkle in the sunlight’ she said. ‘I know’ I said. ‘but if we would stay in all the time….’ She nodded. ‘Okay, but if we’ll all go he will mention it’ she said. And that was the hurting spot of the plan. ‘I think we have to split up’ I said. ‘I’ll go with you to’ she didn’t even let me complete my sentece. ‘Noway!’ she said. I looked surprised at her face. ‘James isn’t stupid! He knows that where I’m going, you’re as well! So if you go with me, and even if he won’t smell me, he’ll smell you and will follow us’ she said. Wow. I didn’t suspected thatone coming! But then I saw the clear part of the plan and I had to say that it was quite logical. ‘Okay. But when James and Victoria find out that you’re not with me, and they start looking for you, I’ll come to you. Okay?’ I said. she nodded. ‘Yes sir' she replied. Then we started laughing.

‘Eddy, you always wanted me to behave properly, so why won’t you let me go with my teacher to Phoenix?’ Emmett said with a begging voice of a todler. ‘Because we’re the only ones that know that you’ll behave properly. And I’m not even sure if you will’ I replied. I saw he became sad. Bella walked over to him to slap him a bit on the shoulder and said ‘Do you really want to stay in a boring hotel room a few days, not aloud to do anything?’ she said. ‘Eeeh, no, I don’t want that’ Emmett said. ‘If you’ll join us, you have to’ Bella said. Everyone could see that Emmett wasn’t convinced completely, but that ended when Bella said ‘If you stay here, you can go with Edward making a fake track. Running around and demolish something while running’ she said. You could see that Emmett’s vampire eyes lighted up. ‘Ok. Eddy, I’m going with you’ he said. ‘Thank you, Emmett’ I said. I sended Bella a thank you glare, which she answered with a smile.

Ok. Jasper and Alice just drove away with Bella on the backseat. They could walk a lot faster but the tracker would mention that. When we couldn’t see them any more, we started to make a fake track to the opposite way that the car took. We ran and sometimes let fell a hair of Bella. We knew that James was following us, I could hear him thinking. ‘That damn girl with her pathetic friends is good, but I’m better’ I could hear him think. Like this we ran for like 1 day. Then James started to find out that Bella isn’t with us. ‘A human should eat, so they have to stop but they don’t. And I can’t smell any food, only the scent of that big vampire and the hairs of the girl. Wait a minute, I can’t smell the blood!’ he thought as he turned around to go to Victoria to find out where Bella was. We did our best, but James was better, as he just showed us.