XLI. H O M E

e v e r l y

Everly and Stellan pulled up in front of a large brick home in the suburbs just a few miles outside the city, and Everly's gasp filled the Camaro.

"Holy shit, Stell. You and Merrik really picked a hell of a house!" she exclaimed, rolling the window down with little regard for the freezing January air.

Stellan laughed and squeezed her knee once. "We tried to pick something we knew you and Carmen would like. At first, I wasn't crazy about doing this without you, but when Merrik pitched it as a huge surprise for the two of you, it made it really fun. Plus, it's just a six-month lease for now. We can decide in July if we want to stay."

Everly grinned as Stellan got out of the car and opened her door, and she hooked her arm through his as he led her up the front porch steps.

The massive oak front door opened up to a wide, high-vaulted foyer where a crystal chandelier hung. Everly was slack-jawed at the brilliance of it.

When they entered the living room, their footsteps on the polished hardwood floor echoed. The moving company had must have arrived before them because the majority of their furniture was already inside.

"Stellan, this is gorgeous!" Everly exclaimed, twirling around the room.

Stellan smiled and wrapped his arms around her from behind, and she leaned into him. "I'm so glad you like it, Angel," he whispered against her skin, his breath tickling the shell of her ear.

"I couldn't have picked anything better, baby," she murmured, turning around to face him, pressing her lips to his gently, and when his arms slid around her waist, his hands resting on her ass, she felt her insides ignite.

"You literally have the perfect ass," he murmured against her lips as he squeezed a handful of her rear.

Everly smiled and jumped up, wrapping her legs around his waist and held on to him with her arms around his shoulders.

"I love when you say things like that," she whispered, dipping her head to kiss him once more. She parted his lips with her tongue and couldn't help but moan as their tongues touched.

He walked them over into the kitchen where he sat her on the marble island. Stellan stood between her parted legs and she could feel his stiff cock rub up against her center through her jeans. She moaned again when he ground into her.

"Well it's about time you got here," Merrik voiced, walking into the kitchen. Everly jumped back from Stellan so fast, she almost hit her head on the lamp hanging above the island. Her entire face flushed red hot.

Merrik smirked and Stellan turned to face him. "Jesus, Merrik. You have the absolute worst timing."

Merrik laughed. "Do you really want to go there, bro?" he asked, a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

Everly cleared her throat dramatically and jumped off the island, patting Stellan on the chest. "Why don't you show us around? Where's Carmen?"

Merrik shook his head in amusement. "She's actually upstairs, and she wanted you to come up—she has something to show you."

Everly nodded gratefully. "All right, I'll go do that, and we'll come back down for a tour."

Stellan grabbed her wrist gently and pulled her in toward him. "Don't worry, Angel; we'll continue that later," he murmured in her ear, and she shivered.

"I'm counting on it, baby," she said, winking, then running up to meet Carmen.

"Car?" she called as she walked up the beautiful, spiral staircase. "Where are you, Car?"