XIII. R A V A G E

e v e r l y

Everly's breath caught in her throat as Merrik's eyes met hers.

"Fuck," he whispered as he shut off the water. His hand reached for the glass door, and he slid it open. He didn't so much as dry off as he approached her, dripping wet.

Her eyes traveled up and down his naked body, and she knew she wasn't hiding the desire in her eyes. His hand closed gently around her arm, and he walked her back against the counter while his other hand reached for her waist. "I agreed to not touch you. But fuck if you're not making it damn difficult."

She could hardly breathe as her lower back met the cold countertop, water dripping from his muscular frame onto her chest. "I–I don't mean to," she whispered, looking up at him, her dark eyes flashing. She brought her hand to his forehead to push his hair out of his eyes.

He caught her hand, bringing it to his chest. Her heart pounded against her ribcage, and she could feel his beating against her palm. "Merrik. We shouldn't, but..." She looked up at him through her eyelashes, her eyes searching his, and she found herself leaning up toward him.

Her fingers brushed his skin gently. She was surprised by how soft it was, and she bit her lip, glancing down and then back up at his eyes again. There was just something in him that she couldn't resist. And she had to admit; she'd wanted Stellan so badly–and she still did–but he had rejected her. And Merrik was right here–clearly wanting her.

He slid his hand around her head and cupped the nape of her neck, bringing her face toward his. "But you want this," he stated, waiting for her to deny him.

She wanted to say no. She wanted to push him away. But something in her yearned to say yes. She wanted to be wanted, to erase Stellan's denial, and though Merrik wasn't her first choice, her intoxicated brain wasn't picky.

"I want this," she murmured, her red lips inches from his.

With a swift pull, her body was pressed up against his wet naked one. Merrik's lips lighted on Everly's with a possessive force.

"Ohh," she moaned into his mouth as he pressed his lips to hers in a forceful kiss. It was so different than the kiss she'd shared with Stellan.

Her dress was dampened by Merrik's body, and her own body immediately responded to his touch. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hopped up onto the counter, wrapping her legs around his waist, her dress hitching up her thighs.

He took the opportunity to dip his tongue into her mouth at her moans. Settling himself between her legs, his erection pressed up against her center; he was as close to her as he could be. His hand was buried deeply in her hair while the other pushed the straps of her dress the rest of the way down.

Everly leaned her head back against the mirror, her eyes closing in blind pleasure. She sat up and planted kisses down his jaw and neck, leaving faint lipstick prints on his skin. Heatedly, she kissed back up his neck and to his earlobe. Her head was spinning and she could hardly think straight.

He scooted her off the counter and held her up on his muscular arms, and turning, carried her to the opposite wall and held her suspended up between him and it, grinding into her core.

As he held her against the wall, she pressed against him with her eyes closed, tangling her fingers in his hair.

"Open your eyes," he commanded.

She obeyed, her dark eyes meeting his green ones. They were smoldering, and her breaths came short and shallow, her chest rising up and down.

Then came awareness. She was suspended between Merrik and the bathroom wall when clarity broke through her dizzied head. She could feel his hardness against her slick panties, and she both loved and hated the feeling of him pressing into her core. Was this what she truly wanted?