XXXII. H U S T L E

e v e r l y

Everly looked at Stellan as they walked toward their cars. "I'm so hype now after watching Frank get his ass kicked. I don't wanna stop partying!" she joked, the drink she had downed before stepping onto the balcony coursing through her veins.

Stellan grinned. "You know what they say. After the party..."

"Is the after-party!" Everly finished. "Hell yeah! Party at Merrik's?!"

Carmen turned around and grabbed Everly's hand, pulled her toward her and whispered in her ear, "Let's have a sleepover!!!"

"Yas! A sleepover!" Everly said, bouncing up and down on the sidewalk. "Let's go."

Merrik halted. "Hey, wait. I never said—"

Stellan cut him off. "Huh-uh. What the ladies want, the ladies get! Now come on! I'm feeling some rum and a game of pool."

Carmen and Everly look at Merrik and stick their bottom lips out. "Pleeeeeease!" they chorused. "We wanna play pool too!" Everly said.

Carmen interjected, "...and don't forget margaritas!"

"Fine," Merrik relented. "Only because I don't want to have to drive your drunk asses home later." Stellan hooked an arm around Merrik's shoulders and the three of them shouted in victory.

Stellan unlocked his car and released at Merrik. "We'll go on a supply run," Stellan said.

"Booze run. You're going on a booze run. You make it sound so formal. The business going to your head, brother?" Merrik joked.

"Bruh, you gotta get us some Fireball," Carmen said as she got into the car. "That shit is delicious," she added.

Everly looked at Stellan and leaned into him. "Let's get me some tequila... you know what they say..."

Stellan pinched her side, making her giggle. "I've been waiting for that dress to fall off all night," he whispered in her ear.

Everly flushed and stood on her tiptoes to kiss his neck. "Well, you might just get lucky tonight."

They all piled into Stellan's Camaro and drove away from the venue. Just a few minutes later, they pulled up to the liquor store.

"I need the biggest bottle of Fireball they have," Carmen grinned. Everly giggled beside her. She liked the cinnamon flavor too.

"Make that two of the biggest bottles!" Everly chirped as she turned to Stellan. "What are you getting, babe?" She followed him as he browsed the aisles.

Merrik carried a giant bottle of Patron in one arm and had Carmen on his other arm.

"Damn. You got the good shit!" Everly exclaimed.

Merrik scoffed. "You think I do things half-assed? As if." Carmen laughed beside him, and Everly saw him look down at her and wink.

"Baby," Everly cooed in Stellan's ear. "I have a request."

Stellan enclosed her in his arms and gave her a look. "Are you going to ask if we can get snacks?"

Everly's eyes widened before she burst out into laughter. "How did you know?" she managed between giggles.

Stellan shook his head and kissed her forehead. "Because you, my darling girl, are always hungry."

Everly considered this and then shrugged. "It's true."

Stellan nodded. "I know it is." He draped his arm around her as they strolled up and down the aisles. "How about some Bacardi?"

She nodded eagerly. "Rum and Coke!"