Oh What The Hell

I lift my head when I hear the sound of the door being opened, along with the ring of the bell. I smile once I see Clint walk in along with his wife and kids. I walk over to the register as I wave at them. A warm smile on each of their faces as they walk in hand in hand.

"Good morning guys." I say looking at the loving family.

"Good morning Dylan, how have you been?" Clint asks as his wife takes the kids to look at the sweets on display.

"I've been really good, the cafe is keeping me busy and I couldn't be happier." I tell him as I look around my cafe.

The hard wood floors along with the warm colored walls. The smell of coffee and freshly baked goods filling the air, giving a homey feel to it. Lights hanging from the ceiling making it seem a little magical. The windows pouring in some natural lighting, along with a few plants here and there to help decorate the place. The menus hung on the walls written in chalk with small doodles with what the drinks look like. 

There are already a few guests sitting down and working on their laptops as they enjoy their coffee. It is not the most glamorous place, but it's perfect to me. 

"Have you talked to that guy yet?" Clint asks with a quick wink.

My cheeks instantly heat up "It's not like that." I deny him as I suddenly find my shoes very interesting.

'Yes converse are my new latest obsession, definitely.'

I hear him laugh "Look Dylan,  if you want to talk to the guy that badly just do it." he encourages me.

I quickly make up an excuse to try and avoid this conversation "I would do that, but he's not here right now. Such a shame." 

Just as I finish talking I hear the ring of the bell as the door opens, in walking the man of the hour himself. His long raven locks falling perfectly above his shoulders. His pale complexion only enhancing how dark his hair is. His face is sculpted with high cheek bones and a sharp jaw. I know if I were to get close to him I would have to look up since he seems to be around six feet tall, probably taller since his lean figure makes him appear taller. He has on a black coat and his usual leather satchel at his side.

He stops at the door and looks over to me, my breathe immediately getting caught in my throat as his piercing gaze meets mine. I feel my heart hammer in my chest as we continue to stare at each other, everyone else seeming to vanish as it feels like we are the only two people in the world.

I am brought out of my trance once he begins to walk away from the door and to his usual seat next to the window, taking out his laptop, notes, and a pencil as he gets to work. 

I let out a defeated sigh as I look back to Clint, a knowing look in his eyes as he makes no attempt to hide his smirk.

"What?" I ask defensively.

"Looks like prince charming came just in time." he comments while nudging his head towards the mystery man himself.

I groan at his comment "If you want your coffee and muffins I would suggest dropping the subject." I threaten him.

Clint brings his hands up in surrender as I continue to stare him down. This only lasts for a moment before I grab his usual order. Nobody would of expected Clint and I getting along so well, but Clint is a really good friend, I even babysit for him sometimes when he needs a date night with the wife.

I walk over to Clint and hand him his usual "Here you are." I say.

He smiles as he hands over the money which I gladly take "Thanks Dylan, happy new years." he tells me before grabbing his family and leaving.