One Night Couldn't Hurt, Right?

I quietly made my way down the hall, making sure nobody spotted me. I luckily hadn't bumped into anybody during my small journey. When I reached the hall that leads to Loki's holding cell, I could see my dad and Tony still working on the scepter.

I was extra careful for them not to see me. Luckily they are both huge nerds and are too invested in their work to take any notice of me. I notice how tired they both look, and I silently wish for them to go to bed soon.

I smile in victory as I reach the heavily armored door. I simply phase through the door and look into the cell. The lights were still on in the room, and Loki is sat on the floor with his back resting against the wall. This time he is facing me instead of his back greeting me.

I don't think I can ever get use to seeing him in a cage. It's so late and it's a bit cruel to leave these bright lights on when people are usually asleep by this time.

I realize his eyes are closed as I walk closer to the cage.

I phase through the wall, making sure to be quiet so I don't wake him from his peaceful state. Once I enter the cage I walk towards Loki so I am standing in front of him. His face is peaceful as he sleeps, his breathes are steady as his chest rises and lowers slowly.

I can't help but notice that when Loki is in a peaceful state, he reaches a new level of beauty.

I set my book bag down and pull out the blanket I had packed. It was one of those fuzzy soft ones. Once I pull it out, I unfold it and take it into my arms. I look over at Loki as I remember his cold fingers.

I stay quiet as I open up the blanket, going as far as to hold my breathe as I start to place it over Loki's form. Right as I let go, I feel a familiar cold touch grab a hold of my wrist.

I look up and I am met with the same pair of green eyes that have been stuck in my mind.

"What are you doing?" he asks, his grip on my wrist tight, but not enough to actually do any harm, so I don't attempt to phase through his touch.

I smile at him "I was giving you a blanket. Your hands are cold so I thought a blanket might help." I explain, his grip loosening slightly.

He lets out a sigh before he brings his hand back to his side "Why would a mortal worry about a monster?" he questions me.

I give him a confused look "I don't know about a monster, but it's just common decency to worry about others when they are cold." I say honestly.

I reach back for my book bag and pull out the two pillows. I hand one to Loki and set the second one next to him for me to sit on. I pull out my sketchbook and take my seat next to him. I feel a bit cold myself, and take my chance to scoot under the blanket with him. I don't hear him complain, so I settle as I make myself comfortable.

I open up my sketchbook, and resume a sketch I started in my room before I grew bored.

"What is that?" Loki questions next to me.

I look at him to see he is staring at my drawing. His eyes follow my line work, his eyebrows scrunched together as he tries to desifer my drawing. It isn't done yet, it's still a mess of scribbles, but once I draw the main features it will look like what it is suppose to.

"It's suppose to be a wolf." I admit, not too impressed with my own drawing.

Loki scrunches his face "What species of wolves have you seen?"

I pout "I'm not done yet. It's just a quick sketch. Once I am done then it will look like a wolf."

I pick up my pencil and start working on the texture of the fur. As I am drawing I feel a light weight on my left shoulder. I look over and see Loki resting his head on my shoulder.