Friends Don't Suck Face

I knew it was a matter of time before I was caught. But I wasn't expecting it to be today. Everyone stood around me, their eyes on me as I continue to stare up at the footage. My mouth agape as I attempt to process just what exactly is happening, silently praying this is all a bad dream.

"Answer the question." Furry demands from behind me.

I ignore him as I continue to stare at the footage. The ice was crawling down my body as Loki held me in place. They don't have audio playing or they would be able to hear what I said to him.

"Dylan."

I look over at Steve, a stern look on his face as he looks at me.

"It's better if you answer the questions cooperatively or things are going to become difficult for you and Dr.Banner." he tells me.

I let out a sigh "I'm the bad guy huh?"

It's Tony's turn to speak up "Not if you tell us what the hell you were thinking!" he shouts walking towards me.

He grabs my forearms and lowers himself to my height so he can look me in the eyes as he speaks. His hands are shaking as he holds onto me, and I don't fight his hold on me.

"Do you have any idea what you did? I had to hold Banner back from rushing in there to save you. You could of died! Were you even thinking!" Tony shouts at me.

I bite my bottom lip as he lets go of me. I don't look up at him and lower my head. I look over at my dad, I can see the tears in his eyes he isn't letting fall. The guilt instantly pours over me as I see the state he is in.

"Dad." I walk over to him.

I look up at him "I didn't mean to scare you. I didn't want you to worry about me." I mumble.

"Why did you deliberately go against what I said? I told you he is dangerous." he says to me, his voice tired.

I quickly shake my head "No he's not." I say.

I hear Tony type away on the computer before zooming in on the footage, showing my pained face from the ice that was engulfing my arms and soon the rest of my body.

"Yeah, he seems like such a sweetheart." Tony comments sarcastically.

I step towards him "He wouldn't hurt me Tony!" I shout at him.

Steve walks over to me and lifts my sleeve showing the bruising around my wrist "It seems like he already did." he states looking over my wrist.

I pull my arm away and look back up at the footage, it shows Loki putting his jacket and a blanket over me.

I point up to the footage "If he meant to harm me, then why did he help me? He even rid the cold from my body. He comforted me, he talked to me, he listened to my problems. He is not the monster you have made him out to be." I state, looking at everyone in the room.

"He killed eighty people. Innocent lives." Natasha speaks up.

I let out a sigh "I know. But I don't believe he did it of his own free will. I don't know what happened exactly, but something happened to him. The Loki I have talked to is not the same Loki that took those people's lives."

I look over at Thor "You have hope that your brother is still there. He is Thor, he's still the Loki you grew up with." 

Thor looks at me with sad eyes before he shakes his head "You have been foolish. You are a mortal, he could have easily killed you." he says to me.

I tighten my hands into fists "But he didn't. That is what you are all missing. He didn't kill me. Even when he tried to, he couldn't bring himself to do it."