I Wanted To Be A Playwright

Nothing feels real.

I attempt to open my eyes over and over again, but find myself unable to find the strength to do it. I am in a constant dream like state, unable to depict what is a dream and what is reality. 

I feel myself begin to stretch. A soft feeling encasing my body as warmth surrounds me. I feel something cool against my back, making my once tense muscles feel relaxed. I turn towards the source, resting my head against something hard yet soft. A smell of pine and mint surrounds me as I feel myself wanting to remain in this position forever. 

"Dylan."

I hear my name being whispered into my ear.

A small smile tugs on my lips as I recognize that intoxicating accent. I let out a small yawn as I begin to open my eyes to gaze upon the beauty in front of me. 

I look up and see Loki's calm expression as his eyes dance across my face, the sun reflecting off of his eyes. His hair is slightly disheveled from lying in the bed we are in. I expect him to be in his armor. But instead I see him in a green sweater along with black skinny jeans. I have never seen Loki in any casual clothes, and seeing him like like this has proved to me that he truly does look beautiful in anything.

I let a small smile tug on my lips as I continue to stare at him.

"What are you smiling about?" he asks me with a whisper.

This causes me to smile more as I place my hand on his cheek "You're so enchanting." I tell him with sincerity.

His eyes widen slightly at my compliment, I notice a slight blush cascading across his cheeks. I let out a small laugh , enjoying making him be the one to blush for once. I bring my hand up to move a piece of my hair behind my ear, only to find my hand bandaged. 

I bring the bandaged hand closer to my face, confusion crossing over my face as I stare at the bandage.

" You hurt yourself, so I decided to attempt to ease the pain." Loki tells me before grasping my injured hand within his much larger one.

I watch intently as he brings my hand closer to him before he places a gentle kiss into the palm of my hand. I feel chills run up my spine at the sudden action of affection. Loki takes notice of this as he leans forward and places a kiss on the tip of my nose.

"You're silly." I comment, snuggling closer to him and taking in his intoxicating scent.

He wraps his arms tighter around me, placing another kiss on my head. One of his hands begins to play with my hair as he hums a calming melody. 

The sunlight streaming into the room, basking Loki and I in its rays. The subtle smell of coffee, along with the warmly painted walls, and books lying on the shelves, along with the comforting silence. Everything feels perfect in this single moment. 

Almost too perfect.

I slowly raise my head as I look around the room, taking in every little detail. Everything in here seeming to come from a dream. I run my hand across the blankets, it feeling as if I touched a cloud. I look up and out the window on the wall across from us, the sun slowly rising as its light blankets the green grass outside, along with the woods that seems to be in the distance.

"What's the matter darling?" Loki asks as he sits up with me, resting his head on my shoulder as he entwines my fingers with his.

I let out a soft sigh "This isn't real.....is it?" I ask looking out the window and watching the sun rise.

"Why do you say that?" he asks me, as he also watches the sunrise.

I lean back into him as I look up at him "This is a place I have only dreamed about. A comfortable home to share with someone I love. Everything in here has been in my mind every time I imagine the perfect home."