Munchkin

As soon as they took the man around the corner and out of my view I immediately look back at my dad. His eyes are wide and they won't stop staring at where that man once was. He looks kind of scared.

"Dad?" I call out, worried why he seems so shaken.

He blinks twice before shaking his head and looking back at me. I let out a small sigh as he actually looks at me. A bit of my worry washing away.

"Who was that?" I ask.

He walks to me and holds my hands in his as he stares me dead in the eye "That, was what I was recruited here for." he states.

I raise an eyebrow at him "You were recruited for one man?"

It didn't seem real, how could one man be so dangerous that a whole team would need to be assembled. I'm sure Captain America could of gotten him on his own. I'm sure they could of sent in some of their agents and they would of gotten the man just fine. So why a team?

"Dylan, that isn't just one man. That man is Loki, the God of mischief in Norse mythology." Dad explains to me, his grip on my hands tightening slightly.

It goes dead quiet before I let out a laugh, thinking this was a joke. But from the look my dad gives  me and how he crossed his arms over his chest, I quickly become quiet.

"You're serious? But it's mythology, it isn't real. They're just stories that someone made up so they could have Gods to worship." I state with a shrug.

Dad shakes his head as he leans against the table behind him "Remember how Thor came down to Earth?" he asks me.

I nod my head, listening intently.

"Apparently Thor isn't the only Norse God that has been proven real. Along with his friends that came to Earth, apparently his brother Loki is also very real. And very dangerous." Dad explains rubbing his temple.

I remember the day Thor was all over the news, but I thought that he was the only one. I didn't really think about their being other Gods along with him. Which means I just stared at the God of mischief without a second glance. We have the God of mischief being locked up right now, and I am just sitting here.

"Holy cow! Dad we have to go and see Loki. He's real. An actual God from mythology, that's so cool." I exclaim, jumping off the table and jumping around the room.

"No Dylan, it's not cool." he grumbles.

I stop as I look up at him "What do you mean?"

He sighs as he types away on one of the keyboards before pulling up a video of Loki in front of a group of people. He is in golden armor, a helmet on his head that resembles horns, along with a scepter in his hand. There are copies of him surrounding the people, keeping them together in one group. He has a wicked smile on his face as he gives a great speech about how humans end up kneeling in the end.

Hearing his voice for the first time, I wasn't expecting the smooth accent that flowed so nicely with his words. It suits his appearance, but his words are anything but nice. He made sure every single person listening knew he was and still is a threat.

I watch closely as one man stood from the crowd and stood up to Loki.

"Not to men like you."

Loki seemed almost amused by his statement "There are no men like me."

Within that moment I watch as Loki is going to use his scepter to most likely kill the man. I clenched my hands into fists as I silently pray for someone to stop him. I may not know the man on the screen, but I know it is not right to murder innocent people.