Chapter 9: Holiday Break

Holiday Break: also referred to as Winter Vacation, is a certin amount of days where students are free from the pits of hell.

Aka: its cuffing season and no one really wants to spend Christmas and New Years alone.

Quick Note: Hey~ I know i know. I'm late but I have a valid excuse. I was spending time with family. I was also having a few rough patches but for the most part I was offline for my whole winter break so I'm coming to you with this late but at least its here right? Also it's one of my better chapters so I'm excited and proud. New year, new motivation and a hella long chapter that's gonna (hopefully) be worth the wait.

Words: 6161

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every year I spend Christmas with Kyungsoo and his sister. Every single year since we've become friends.

However since I've left the hospital and went to bed rest at home, plans have been changing like crazy.

While I was still in the hospital Eunbyul, Kyungsoo sister, called me for the first time since the school year began. We talked for a really really long time and she told me about her beginning engaged and everything. Due to that though and her fiancee's full family having yet to meet her; she has to stay in Europe for the time being and wont be able to make it back for Christmas and New Years. I was really looking forward to seeing her due to her being like my own sibling so it made me slightly upset to hear. She apologized and I told her it was okay as long as I was invited to her wedding. She giggled and said of course before begging called by someone and having to leave.

After they released me from the hospital Kyungsoo told me that he wouldnt be able to spend Christmas with me but he'd be back for New Years.

"What? Why not?"

"Well with the situation with my parents still being bad and Eunbyul being in Europe I was gonna stay here with you but then Minseok found out and he told his family that he was bringing me with him. He didnt tell me until last night and now they have everything planned to include me. It would be rude of me not to go."

"You're right. Wjat am I supposed to do then? I dont wanna be the only one left on campus."

"Why dont you visit your parents?"

"Not a chance."

He sighed and shook his head.

"Maybe you can ask Jongdae to stay with you?"

"Yeah, maybe." I mumbled to myself.

I think we both know that, that's not likely.

He doesnt say anything but sighs and nods his head. It's like he read my mind.

"Its okay, Soo. Its probably important that you meet his family soon anyways."

"What do you mean?" His face is blank and he tilts his head curiously.

My face falls and my eyes widen just a little bit.

"What do YOU mean? Arent you two together now?"

Now it's his turn for his eyes to widen and he sits back with a look of surprise on his face.

"Nope?"

"Why did you ask that like a question?"

"Cause well...its complicated."

"What's so complicated about two people liking each other and wanting to be together...being together?"

He glares at me and then gets a smug look on his face.

"Could ask the same about you, Yeol."

I glare at him and point at my bedroom door.