Chapter Two: Rules

Our first encounter must have been as awkward for him as it was for me. It had to have been. I mean I don't know if he or anyone else besides Kyungsoo noticed that I was practically swooning over him in class. Not at the level Kim Minseok was swooning over Kyungsoo. No, not nearly as close to that but anyone who was aware could have seen the signs if they looked close enough.

We've been sitting in the kitchen for quite some time now. We had ordered food from a place in the city and made small talk until it got here. After that we have been quite. The silence feels as if it could kill us if we move. I want to say something that isn't going to lead to a dead end though.

I sit back in the chair that I'm in and put the chopsticks down nicely on the brim of the container. I watch silently as Jongdae eats his food. He's not sloppy. I used to be a sloppy eater but after becoming so close to Kyungsoo I became more neat. He glances up at me and it makes me want to do something. I don't know exactly what but it's there. I shake my head a little.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Sorry I was just thinking."

"Oh? What about? If you don't mind my asking."

"What to talk about." I rub the back of my neck.

He smiles and sits back like me.

"Why don't we make house rules."

I glance at him and then look back down to my food where my eyes had been since he sat back.

"I mean... I know it seems like a boring thing to do but it will give us something to do and talk about." He takes a piece of ginger and eats it while shrugging.

"How about it?"

"Sure, sure. Let's finish eating first though. Once we are done we can clean up and talk about it. Think of what you want over food." I suggest.

He nods and gives me another smile before going back to his food again. I smile as well and follow his actions.

~~~~~~

After cleaning up we sit at the table again and write down on our own sheets of paper what some of the rules we want to have are. He immediately puts something down. Must be important. I watch him write for a few more seconds before writing down a my rules.

- If you put dishes in the sink you must at least wash it out so the other doesn't have to touch your food cause ew.

- The longest time someone can be in the shower is 45 minutes so the other has hot water too.

- Just plain be considerate of the other person

- Clean up after yourself.

-....its hard to think of rules right off the top of my head.

I pause and sit back in the chair. I'll just leave it here for now. I can add stuff later as I think on it.

"Im finished. How about you?" He asks while looking up from his paper.

"I tried my best but I'm not very picky so it not much."

He nods his head and hands me his paper so I hand him mine. I instantly look to the first point to see what he was so rushed to write down.

- Don't fall in love with me ;D

I glance up at him. Is this a real rule or something he's doing to lighten the mood? Trying to make things less awkward? I want to ask but I'm scared to find out the answer. If it's real that will break my heart a little. If it's him just messing around then what does that mean? I look at the other rules that seem more normal.