Part 17: Black Forest

© Copyright / All Rights Reserved

Chapter Seventeen: Paradox

My head throbbed, my eyes burned and my heart ached. I tossed over again only for the same helpless feeling to come crashing over me. It hurt like nothing else I had ever felt, it was deeper than the pain of losing my father and having my life ripped away from my grasp. It kind of had the same effect the flu had on one's body; my anger toward Darren was like a fever, my feeling of loss was like chills, the pain in my chest was the aches it caused, and tiredness all the crying I seemed to be doing. Tears pricked my eyes again as the image of Darren and Jamie in the kitchen came crashing over me.

I wanted to scream out in pain.

He had left at some point in the night, his heavy sigh the last thing I heard announcing his departure from the door. He had left, and I had fallen into a pain-induced sleep. Slowly, my eyes fluttered open no longer able to handle the images that continued to haunt me. I lay in bed; the room pitch black, I felt hallow. I didn't understand it. Why now? Why suddenly did he decide he wanted Jamie? Was it because he had had feelings for her the entire time and just now realized it? Or was it because I had failed in some way?

That I wasn't good enough. Taking a deep uneven breath I came to a sitting position on my bed, my arms wrapped around my legs tightly in a helpless attempt to comfort myself.

A slight breeze reached me and I shivered. Odd, I thought, the room wasn't ever drafty. I slide the warm covers off and swung my legs on the edge of the bed, the tips of my toes touched the floor and I shivered again. My room was chilly as if the heat had been shut off. As I stood up I wavered slightly, the sudden movement making the blood rush to my head causing my burning eyes to see stars.

I am a complete wreck. I start to make my way toward the bathroom where the airflow seems to be coming from, I feel my way around the darkroom afraid I would trip and fall for I am still not used to the change. As I come to the threshold of the double French doors the temperature drops even lower. I scope around and quickly find out the culprit is a window. Walking toward it, I slide it shut and stare out side. The moon was full tonight, the sky with its gleaming stars, the wind whispered against the window as it picked up fallen leaves on the ground. Suddenly, I got an eerie feeling as if being watched. I stepped away from the window only to turn back to make sure it was locked.

Turning on the balls of my feet I went to the sink, feeling the need to wash the salty streaks of tears off my raw face. Cool water smoothed my aching skin, the freshness almost making me feel better. Lightly drying my face with a towel, I still have a lingering feeling of being watched. Tossing the towel away, I open the medicine cabinet to grab sleeping pills. I wasn't in the mood to lay wake in bed during the night wondering what was wrong with me. I had done that too many times in the past, and I wasn't interested to waste a much needed night's sleep on question's I already had answers for.

Putting the bottle back where it belonged, I shut the cabinet's door only to drop my glass and the sleeping pills.  

Staring at me in the mirror were eyes, grey, emotionless eyes. I hear the glass shatter against the hard marble floor, and it sets me into action. I open my mouth to scream but it's too late. A hand with a red handkerchief covers my mouth and nose. A sickly sweet smell inflames my nostrils as I tried to gasp for air; I struggled against the person only to feel my body weaken, my head woozy and finally I go limp against his body. I am still conscious, barely hanging on. My hearing is becoming fainter. I hear my captor struggle against one last attempt from me and I lose the battle to a black empty void.

***

There's a crash, a loud ear shattering noise nearby. There are voices, taut voices echoing toward me, their arguing, but over what? My mind couldn't comprehend. My head felt like it weighed a ton as I tried to lift it. My eyelids felt as if they were glued shut, and I didn't seem to remember where I was. Trying to lift my head in the direction of the noise was a pathetic effort; in return I only seemed to get a chink in my neck. A moan escapes my lips as the motion brings on a nauseous sensation in the pit of my stomach.

The sound of heavy footsteps toward me brings my attention on the way to more conscious thoughts, such as the happenings to what lead on the sudden headache I seemed to be suffering from. Flickering images of eyes peering at me and red were the only things hinting at my brain. The images didn't make any sense to me however.

The footsteps stopped in front of me, the silence lengthened on as I continued to remember something. I tried to move my wrists only to feel something rough rub against the skin.

"You have no idea how long I have waited for you Rain, I feel like I can be myself for once." he said, his voice malicious as he leaned down toward my face and breathed my sent in. The touch of his skin on mine caused chills to run down my spine.

William.

"You smell like triumph." As he said those four words his lips grazed over my right cheek. I felt my insides tie into knots causing my head to spin. Just being in this man's presence made me sick, all the hatred radiating off him caused me to ill with unwelcome feelings, I clenched my fists while battling to keep the fear inside me. I needed to be strong now; I needed to fight off my nightmares as long as I could possibly handle.

Right then and there I decided to make the most of it and let some much needed steam out. Lifting my head with all my strength as I still suffered from drowsiness, I glared at his figure.

"Anyone who told you to be yourself couldn't have given you worse advice." I spat, my words dripping with all the venom I could manage to get. William pulled away, titled his head to the side slightly as his gray emotionless eyes roamed me up and down.

My head snapped sideways from the blow, as I was knocked off the chair and hit the hard floor. I could taste the rusty flavor of blood in my mouth. It happened too fast for me to really realize what he had just done, but once the pain set in I knew he had hit me, and he hadn't just slapped me. No, he had punched me. Tears pricked my eyes and I blinked furiously, the pain in my jaw unbearable. I had been hit before, by my step-dad Charlie and that was open palm, but I had never in my entire life been punched, let alone thought I would by a man William's size.

"You're a monster!" I screamed at his dark outline. William charged toward me his massive size overbearing and pulled me to my feet by my hair, I whimpered in pain as the pressure pulled at my roots.

William leaned forward his quick movement causing me to jump, he was inches away from me and I felt my tears spill over the rims.

"Never talk to me that way again, understood?" He whispered in my ear and I jerked my head into a nod causing more pain. He leaned in and kissed the side of my face he had hit before, and then pulled away.

"Good." He smiled wickedly at me knowing the blow had shown how weak I really was without my talk.

When I hit the hard cold floor again, I just sobbed. I never thought I would truly be here, but I was, and William truly is pure evil. I feared for my life.

(A/N)  

Trying this again, seeing how the first time didn't show that it was groupped with the rest of the story.  

Read, Vote, Comment, Fan.

Thank you all, you lovely readers so much for all you're support and for sticking with me even though you have to wait.  

It means a lot and I really do love you all!

LizzieBliss