ᎢᎻᎬ ᏔᎪᎡNᏆNᏩ

Iris was silent as she stared out the window, the night sky slowly descending, dark teals covering above the treetops

Iris was silent as she stared out the window, the night sky slowly descending, dark teals covering above the treetops. The area was less dense as it was in the forest but nevertheless breathtaking. The truck was silent as they all felt uncomfortable, Jack sat on the opposite side angered still by everything, his body beaten and bruised. That would never have happened if Iris hadn't of been there, she was meant to be temporary and he felt aggravated that he let his guard down, her having an impact on his emotions. His hands burned with pain from the unnecessary beating he had just given and he felt dizzy from his bleeding wounds. She sat barely harmed on the other side and it caused a fire in his belly as Zach shifted awkwardly in the middle. They both seemed the same but he could see the differences in their body language. Iris was sad because she felt like she caused this and became feeling like a burden that she thought she would have felt like earlier. Jack was just completely furious and he wouldn't let Daniel calm him like he usually did. Iris's head kept flashing the photo in her camera in front of her eyes and nothing could make the thoughts and picture disappear.

The worst part of everything for the curly headed boy was he had become the monster he was so frightened of and he wished he'd stopped but something made him keep going. Jonah saw the greenville sign go past and decided that they had to keep going for the night reaching louisiana by morning after a short rest. He entered the national park finding a sheltered area and stopped the car. Corbyn looked at his stressed out face but felt relaxed for the situation they had just faced, something in his gut made him think it was important that Jack let his anger and protective side out on the red head.

Slowly getting out, the five stared around surveying the area before Daniel began getting food out,

"we should keep driving tonight." Jonah breathed out the rest nodding as the morte seemed small meaning their might be more not to far away. Corbyn created the small fire as Daniel cracked open a can of vegetable stew. Iris stayed in the car not wanting to get out as she couldn't figure her head out, she felt in the way.

"Iris?" as she heard his voice croak she looked over her shoulder at Zach's face who seemed comforting.

"are you going to get out?"

"should I?" she whispered upset with herself, tears sitting on her waterline, her chest hurt as she found solace in his eyes.

"yes, he needs you." he whispered grabbing her hand as she moved across their leather seats, guiding her out the door. The smell of the stew hit her nose as Corbyn, Daniel and Jonah all spoke quietly around the fire, stirring the pot. They were unharmed- a few scratches but like they were normally, amazing fighters and had survived the easiest part of the morte. Her eyes glanced around till she saw him sitting around 25 meters away on a fallen over log. She knew he was injured so like he did she went around to the metal compartments and found his first aid bag, dragging the material out. Sniffing her tears away she walked closer to him till he stopped moving and muttering to himself