ᏟᎾᎡᏴYN'Ꮪ ᎪNᎢᏆᏟᏚ

the birds screamed in the trees as jonah rose in his tent unsure of what the day would hold

the birds screamed in the trees as jonah rose in his tent unsure of what the day would hold. his head ached for some reason and his eyes struggled to remain open, blinking without pattern and seconds. he groaned opening his tent with one quick movement, pulling the zip to the ground. the boys were silent and that was something he'd never heard or seen before, his eyes fell upon jack who looked exhausted from his night shift but calmer than everyone else who sat around the tiny coals that were left from the fire late last night. trying to lighten the environment,

"where's my coffee?" daniel smiled softly but none laughed as daniel returned

"just here in the pot" jonah moved scared of what was happening and noticed corbyn wasn't on the logs

"he's found a creek" he nodded knowing corbyn who would return shortly after a clean and an adventure. the liquid warmed his chest as he took a sip out of his mug, savouring the taste left on his tongue. looking at his pack his eyes finally fell upon Zach who sat with wide eyes, that oh so slightly were watching Jack's tent.

the girl. he'd forgotten about the girl.

he looked around realising the angst, fear and worry within his friends and wished he felt the same remorse but couldn't seem to find it for this burden of a thing, he still couldn't believe how persistent Daniel and Zach were in deciding for their safety to be placed under this complete and utter stranger. it made Jonah feel queezy, how long would she be with them traveling still towards end of north carolina? he couldn't bear to see her face when she exited so he kept his head down or looking at Zach whom he had a small soft spot for.

"we are thinking of letting her stay with us" Daniel spoke up. Jack huffed but stayed quiet as the tall boy stretched his eyes, Zach nodded and Daniel remained calm as Jonah surveyed their faces and thoughts.

"why?"

"Jack says she's weak and he won't be able to know it's not infected for a little while... it could be a few weeks." he nodded understanding the kindness in Daniel and Zach's hearts and deciding to just go with it and be the person he usually is, going with the flow. as his mouth opened to say something they all heard a crunch in the leaves behind them, Jack and Jonah stood immediately bracing themselves for the worst while Daniel stayed inquisitive of the noise as Zach shrunk back. the trees rustles in a small area, shielded by massive giant ferns and they all went quiet in anticipation. Jack crept forward positing himself next to Jonah while they both didn't move their gaze from the bushes that was scaring them. with one smooth movement Corbyn flung himself into the clearing as Jonah squared up, the blonde laughing at them all. he'd been caught on the tree and couldn't get his hoodie to be free from the branch, however in the commotion he frightened his friends who all breathed in heavily at the sight of their mate who had a bright smile and looked really clean and well put together.