ᎢᎻᎬ FᏆᎡᏚᎢ & ᏞᎪᏚᎢ ᎬXᏢᎬᎡᏆᎷᎬNᎢ

four and a half years ago

Iris sits up, an electric feeling zapping through her body; the beeping by her left ear pulsating through the beige walls, the smell of disinfectant burning her nostrils. With the fingers of her left hand she tries to rub away the sleep fogging her vision. Her brain ticks around over and over, matching the little clock on the wooden beside table. Where am I? she though, the skin of her palms grow heated as she grasps at the thin paper sheets, pulling them back to reveal her cold legs. Pushing her body off the bed her face scrunches in pain, hissing at the hurt pulling in her arm; an IV glistening in her arm tape holding it in place beneath her white skin. the heart monitor continues beeping until it goes dead at the act of her tearing the pads away from her body. Flying around in her brain she can't work out where she is or what this strange large room is, unusual for a hospital to have a vacant space this size. she grips the edges of the plastic bed, the noise of her own footprints causing her to shudder as she silently reaches the wall holding a tiny cheap mirror above the sink. The pale skin tone radiating off her body attacks her sight as she touches the sick looking flesh of her cheek, noticing the dark bags looming under her brown eyes. She pushes her fingers through her hair as it lays dead on top of her head, it looks as if one foot was in the grave. Where is dad? turning quickly with speed she reaches for the door frantically, fear flowing through her veins as if her red blood. The door handle shakes as she yanks and twists but the door is locked.

"dad? Dad!? DAD!?" she screams pulling and shoving the padded white door. Where was she? why was she here? her chest ached in pain as she pressed her back to the padded walls hoping for an answer to be staring her in the face, what kind of institute was this? dashing away she bangs on the walls, running around until her feet slips and her body hurls forward to the ground her consciousness slipping away from her and the pain raking down her torso. Silently her eyes cry as they all loom around her waking for her to wake up from the anaesthetic. A man in white kept his pen by his chin as the others worked around cleaning up the surgery space, scrubbing dirty areas and putting away tools that had just cut the young girl open. His mind was cruel as he smiled at the pain scribbled on her scrunched face, knowing she was minutes or even seconds from waking. as darkness melted away from Iris she felt herself gain control of her self, her body waking from the restless sleep she has.

but the bright lights of the "hospital" lights belt down into her skin as she blinked gently, eyes peering down over her dressing gown. Sitting up with pure speed she looked around at the strange faces, not finding a memory of seeing any of them. Her mind fumbled as they all began to crowd, checking her levels but quietly she began to panic, this wasn't where she had fallen asleep, what happened to the leather couch? all she could remember was sitting down and watching her favourite tv show Teen wolf with her father before falling asleep like usual.

"Miss Brewer, please calm down, you are fine." as she felt disoriented she met eyes with a male, aged around 60 with nearly complete black irises which sent shivers down her spine as she continued to feel her heart rate rise rapidly

"where am I?" she rasped, half gasping for air looking at the team of doctors that were still staring at her thin body. Her hair was sprawled around her flat like her dream, perched on her shoulders messily but providing her with a scent of herself and not the hospitals detergent.

"you were diagnosed with a cancer near your heart and we had to operate straight away" she couldn't believe the words tipping out of his mouth behind the blue mask that covered his lips. still with an explanation she kept panicking, struggling to swallow at the idea of something nearly impossible

"Please Iris, take a few breaths you are fine" the leader of the doctors tipped his safety glasses back and she saw her reflection. she was pale, sickly looking and in need of sleep and sun.

"doc, should we give her a combination of Ativan, Haldol, and Benadryl?" her heart felt like it was about to beat out of her chest, the monitor rising rapidly as he shook his head slight but still lept from the bed in defence.

"Don't touch me." she snapped heaving as her chest pumped up and down. The lead doctor turned around as the other assistants began to step away from their patient, making eye contact with the scared girl. she flickered her gaze until she stared at her reflection again in his wide brimmed glasses, only to be met with her own flaming irises. the spirit of fire ran around the pupils in her eyes and her skin radiated at a blazing temperature. she sobbed staring at herself, what was happening?

"the surgery was a success." he breathed out as her throat let out a terrifying scream only told in legends of the banshee and other mythical creatures. A gastly looking woman approached her slowly surprised of what she could see within her eyes but through fear, Iris roared, a series of hot flames exiting her hands into the lady who yelled out in shock and pain. Iris chocked on air as she say the woman wimper on the cold stone ground, what had just happened? how could she have summoned something so dangerous from the palm of her hand? she felt guilt spread throughout her body as the other nurses aided the woman and others grabbed on Iris's thin arms as tears began streaming down her face; scared of who she is, what she has become.

The man in white stands behind the glass of the door's windows watching the girl sob before they sunk medication into her skin, putting her gently to the sleep as the injured nurse was attended to.

"uncontrollable pyrokinesis? the ability to command and emit fire at will? what have we created doctor?" his left hand man whispered staring at the situation unsure of the next move, before looking back at the notes his clipboard. his hand traced through his hair uncomfortable at the mysterious eyes of his boss

"what have we created you ask? we have created a revolution that'll shape the future."