Chapter 1

Considered as one of the cleanest country, Singapore, indeed lives up to its name. The weather was fine, neither sunny nor rainy. A black sedan car arrived in front of the entrance of a building, Alpha Corporation.

Soon, two young ladies got off the car and walk into the building. One had round eyes with shoulder-lenght brown hair , wearing a black blazer over her white dress followed by another with slanted eyes showing her oriental face with waist-lenght curly hair.

"Go and take some documents from the Finance Department.", ordered the former. "Ah.. don't run away from the party tonight."

"Is it a must?", asked the latter

The lady in front stopped and turned around, with her serious face and firm voice said "It's an order!!" ,then she walked away.

This time around, Kaylee must have been so determined to be her matchmaker that she had misused her authority to force the introvert Clarisse to attend the 25th anniversary of the Singapore branch.

Clarisse who didn't have any choice could only sigh and drag herself into the elevator. She pressed the button and leaned on the wall looking at her nude heels. Before the elevator closed, a man got into the elevator in time.

TING

Clarisse looked to the screen and it showed 9. She got out immediately without paying any attention to her surrounding. She had the aura of aloofness, people who didn't know her would judge her as arrogant, especially when she wore heels, she always felt that it boosted her confidence. Therefore, the staffs who saw her immediately bowed to her.

She walked through those people and went straight to the Finance Department. Upon seeing Clarisse's arrival, the one who was account for the documents that she needed handed over the documents without her explaining. Looking how effective they worked, Clarisse smiled showing her elusive dimples.

"Gather in the meeting room in five minutes.", her gentle voice echoed in the silent room.

About a year, she had been working in Alpha Corporation as the finance manager after getting through several trainings in one of the subsidiaries of Alpha Corporation then was taken by Kaylee as her manager in the main office, thus supervising and guiding the staffs from the subsidiaries were unavoidable, as well as working outstation.

As instructed, in five minutes time the whole meeting room was filled with the finance department staffs. The meeting room was only sufficient for twenty to thirty which was enough for the whole Finance Department to gather. The meeting room was in the middle of the tenth floor and was guarded by glass wall around it. This meeting room was usually used to be the waiting room for the directors' or the CEO's guests since the tenth floor was where their offices were.

Not long after, Kaylee arrived and sat on the her usual seat, which was in the head of the long table and Clarisse sat on her right looking calm.

"Let's start", Kaylee indicated the person in charge to presentate their whole team's work.

A lady in her shirt and brown pants walked to the podium and started to presentate. She had the dominating aura which could induce hatred towards her automatically. However, Clarisse didn't deny that she was a rare beauty and she was a talented one. No wonder she got that confidence.

"Then, based on what kind of facts that you are so sure to let the company invest so much amount of money? You keep on mentioning about how much money the company will earn, byt do you consider the risk?", Kaylee voiced out her question not loud nor harsh, but everyone in the room couldn't help but held their breath, afraid if they would make the female lion annoyed.

Rachel who had been so confident with her presentation didn't look good either. She was cut in the mid of presentation and was reprimanded in front of her subordinates, it would be miracle if anyone in her position would look pleased.

"Before investing, as a manager, not only you should know the profit that we may gain, but also the risk that we may face. This basic knowledge, don't tell me that I need to teach you again."

Kaylee was a gentle person, but not when she was working. She looked like a female lion which would tear you apart at anytime you were not in guard. This time, Rachel must have been in her dead-end state. She was the new manager as the previous one resigned for preparing her upcoming marriage. Rachel was the daughter of one of the shareholders in Alpha Corporation who jut graduated from Australia. Living as the pampered little proncess at home, it was a no wonder that she was arrogant to the max. She did everything accroding to her wish and declined all advice from her subordnates before. As a result, she was forced to face the humiliation from the female lion.

"The risk was not much as long as we do as the regulation, we just need to make sure that there won't be any obstacles while negotiating with the government.", Clarisse saved the tense atmosphere with her analysis.

"Gather all the risks and obstacles that we might face and sub,it them to me tomorrow, meeting adjourn", Kaylee stood and walked out after giving orders.

Everyone followed after Kaylee leaving Rachel who was still frozen in her place. Clarisse was ready to leave when she heardthe mumbling voice "Do you feel good now?"

Clarisse was confused by the sudden non-sense question. She frowned while looking at the owner of the voice. Rachel felt agitated, "Don't act like an angel when you deliberately want to humiliate me"

Ah..it seemed like she had accidentaly created another enemy out of no where. Since she was young, Clarisse had had enemies that she even didn't know how they existed. She just knew that most of them were immature girls who were jealous of her so she didn't pay much attention and as the time passed, she even didn't know who they were. It had been quiet a while, however, she was not the little girl who wanted to please everyone who knew her. Now, she didn't care others' opinion. Moreover, she didn't care whether she had few friends or not. As she preferred quality over quantity.

"If you feel embarassed from my rescue then learn harder and don't act almighty when you don't even know the basic."