"Hey, Yoojung-" "Hey, Jimin-"

In sync.

"Yeah?" "Yes?"

Again, in sync.

"Oh- you go first-" "You can go first-"

Once again, in sync.

They had made eye contact now, and waved at each other awkwardly, begging the other person to go first. Yoojung had so much on her mind, she didn't know how put her thoughts in words.

Um... I kind of thought about it and I think I like you? Well, she had never really told Jimin she didn't like him, he just got the wrong idea.

Jimin, I think I like you. Will you please go out with me? Nah, too needy. Girls don't usually ask guys out... right?

Jimin, I totally regret what I said earlier. I thought about it and will go out with you. I like you. Perfect.

"Oh, please. You go first." Yoojung smiled, as she played the scenario again in her head. Jimin would confess again, she would say yes and they would go out. The end. Perfect.

"Really?" Jimin raised his eyebrows. "I'll go first then."

"Go ahead." Yoojung smiled assuringly.

"Well... Firstly, I'm really sorry for leaving you at the restaurant earlier." Jimin frowned. "I don't know what got into me - you know how I'm usually not that rude." Jimin let out a sigh. "I guess my feelings got the better of me and I became really immature. That was really uncalled of me. I sincerely apologise."

"Don't worry about that. It's not as if I'm a dependent girl who cannot fend for herself." Yoojung laughed, trying to ignore the memory of herself crouched in the toilet, bawling over the phone as she told Jieun everything. "Really, it's nothing. I know how you are. You're a good person."

"Thanks, Yoojung." Jimin smiled, and his eyes shone. "So, anyway, I was thinking about what you said earlier at the restaurant."

"And?" Yoojung smiled even bigger, excitement bubbling inside her. Her heart was pounding hard against her chest. Any minute now...

"And you're right."

~

Yoojung felt her heart crumble into a million pieces, but she tried hard not to show her disappointment on her face. "What?"

"I said you're right." Jimin repeated, giving Yoojung a half-hearted smile. He grabbed onto Yoojung's shoulders, looking her in the eye. "I just thought about what happened earlier - when we were both sitting at the table with Taehyung and things were so awkward, urgh-" Jimin laughed. "Imagine if we fought as a couple - things would be a million times worse. And that's when I realised - you were right."

Yoojung bit her lower lip, as tears brimmed in her eyes. "Oh... really?"

"Mmhmm." Jimin smiled, not seeming to notice how absolutely crushed Yoojung was.

"Are you sure?" Yoojung asked quietly, willing every cell in her body not to let the tears fall. "But I thought you said you-"