Chapter 39

Lucy, Selena and I flip the person on his back. After taking the hoodie off, we finally come face-to-face with the spy.

"I don't recognize him," I say. Lucy and Selena say the same thing.

"Who is he?" Selena wonders.

"We'll get to know that when he wakes up," Lucy replies. "Let's focus on our plan."

Selena nods and transform into her wolf form. She starts running towards the direction of the motel while Lucy and I wait for her to get our car.

Lucy starts searching the forest to remove any traces that we might've accidentally left. I check the spy's pockets and find a phone on him. I look at his contacts to find it empty. I look at his call history and find it empty too. He must've deleted the information.

By the time I'm done, Lucy returns. "Did you find anything useful?" She asks.

"No. I checked his phone. There are no contacts and the call history is empty," I inform her.

"Then we'll have to wait for him to wake up so that he can spill the beans."

By the time Selena arrives with the car, Lucy and I have the spy all tied up and have injected him with more sedatives so that he remains unconscious till we reach our destination.

Since it's dark and no people around, it is easy for us to carry the body and put him in the trunk. Just to be on the safe side, we have placed a wolfsbane flower to restrict the spy from turning into a wolf if he wakes up.

We hop into the car and drive away.

*

After an hour, we reach our destination. We drive into the forest which hasn't been claimed by any pack. We stop in front of a cabin. It looks old.

"So, that's where we are going to interrogate the spy?" Selena questions.

"Yes," Lucy answers as she steps out of the car.

"It looks like it's going to fall apart any minute now," Selena inputs.

"Wait until you see the interior," Lucy says. The three of us go to the trunk and carry the body inside the cabin. We find the cabin covered in dust and spider webs.

Lucy leads us to a room which seems like a bedroom since a bed is placed there. She pushes the bed aside, which causes the dust to fly everywhere. The three of us start coughing and sneezing.

Our coughing and sneezing subsides when the dust settles down. Lucy slowing pulls the carpet aside and reveals a hidden lid.

"Where does it lead to?" I question Lucy.

"This leads to the basement," she replies as she opens the lid. The stairs are leading down into the darkness. But due to my enhanced vision, I can see an empty space which is dirty.

Lucy leaves the room to get the emergency lights from the car. Once she returns, she climbs down and places the lights in the four corners of the room.

Selena and I carry the spy downstairs and place him on the ground. He's still unconscious. While Lucy handcuffs him, Selena goes upstairs to get a chair.

Since the lights are illuminating the room, I can clearly see my surroundings. "How did you come to know about this cabin and this hidden basement?" I question.

"After I was made Alpha, I started exploring places. And that's how I came across this cabin and this basement," she tells me.

"Is there anyone else who knows about this place?"

"I don't think so."

Selena returns with a chair and places it in the middle of the room. Lucy and I place the spy in the chair and tie him to the chair with ropes around his torso and legs.

Once we make sure that the ropes are tied tightly, we start tidying up the room. By the time we are done, we notice the spy gaining consciousness. He opens his eyes and scan his surroundings. When his gaze falls on us, he tries to move his hands but he winces when his skin comes in contact with the silver handcuffs. He looks at himself and find that he's all tied up. He struggles and tries to free himself but in vain. The silver handcuffs are limiting his powers. When he gives up, he looks at us again.

Lucy looks at her wrist watch and then faces the spy, "Good morning. We are happy that you've woken up. We have some questions. What we expect from you is to answer those questions truthfully. If you co-operate with us, you will leave this place soon and if not, then you'll stay in this place for long. So, shall we get started?"

The spy doesn't reply.

"If you want things to be done the easy way then you need to co-operate with us. If you don't co-operate with us then things will be very difficult for you. Do you understand me?" Lucy asks.

The spy continues to stare at us with a calm demeanour.

"So, I guess you've chosen the hard way." Lucy walks towards the spy and punches his nose. I hear the crunching of bones. The spy screams in pain.

"Why were you following us?" I ask.

The spy doesn't say anything.

"Listen, if you don't answer our questions then we'll break your bones," Lucy says in a threatening tone. The spy doesn't react.

"Why were you following us?" I repeat my question. I'm met with silence. I walk to him and kick at his ribs. He screams again.

"Answer our question!" I shout at him.

Lucy, Selena and I take turns to beat him up while throwing our questions at him. He doesn't answer them and opens his mouth only to scream in pain.

"Have you taken a vow of silence?" Lucy asks mockingly.

We stop beating the spy when we feel the sun rising. The spy hasn't uttered a word which is frustrating.

Lucy, Selena and I climb upstairs, leaving the spy in the basement to give him time so that his injuries can heal. We close the lid and walk outside.

Once we are in the forest, Selena says, "It surprises me that he's still silent. Why isn't he speaking up?"

"Should we give him the ultimatum?" Lucy asks.

I shake my head and say, "It's way too soon. We've just interrogated him for a few hours. We should continue to interrogate him for a few days. If he still doesn't tell us anything then we'll give him the ultimatum."

Lucy and Selena nod in agreement.

Before we are about to head inside the cabin, the spy's phone vibrates in my pocket. I take the phone in my hand. The screen is flashing an unknown number.

Lucy, Selena and I lock gazes before I press the 'answer' and the 'speaker' options so that we can hear the voice of the caller and identify him.