Chapter 2

"So, are you going to give a second chance to your relationship?"

"I think I am," I tell them. "But I don't know from where or how to start. Getting back with Alarick so suddenly is not an option. We've been through a lot in the past few months and it would take time for us to know, understand and trust each other before giving a second chance to our relationship." 

Both of them nod at me understandingly.

After sitting in silence for a while, I get up from the couch. "I should head back to where I belong," I say.

"You mean to Alarick's Pack?" Ciara questions with hopeful eyes. She thinks that my happiness lies with Alarick and that's the reason why she wants me to be with him. 

"No, to my Pack house," I reply which makes her a little disappointed. I leave the house and head towards my Pack house.

*

The next day...

Charles' Point Of View

Alarick, Daniel and I are sitting in the living room engaged in a conversation. But we are soon interrupted when there's a knock at the door. I get up to answer the door and I'm left surprised to see Christina in front of me.

"Who is it?" Alarick calls from the living room. I move aside so that he can see the tiny figure of Christina. Both Alarick and Daniel have the same look on their faces that I have on mine.

I look out of the pack house and find no one there. I then turn my gaze down to Christina and ask, "Where is your sister?"

"She's at her pack house," she answers.

"And your Mom?" 

"She's back at home."

"Whom have you come here with?"

She avoids my gaze as she answers, "No one."

"What!" Alarick, Daniel and I exclaim in shock. 

She looks a bit guilty of her actions so I go on my knees so that we are at equal level and say, "Christina, you need to understand that you can't go to places on your own. It might be dangerous for you. Someone can even hurt you."

"I just wanted to meet you," she says innocently as she looks up from the floor.

I sigh. "You could've come along with your sister or mother to meet me," I tell her.

"I know but I wanted to ask you something which I couldn't ask in front of them," she says.

I exchange looks with my friends.

I get up and lead Christina to the living room. I pick her up and place her on the couch. "What do you want to ask me?" 

Alarick and Daniel join us.

Christina points at Alarick and asks, "Is he Alarick?"

"Yes," I answer.

"Is he Chriselda's Prince Charming?"

I'm left confused. What does she mean by Prince Charming?

"I think she means mate," Daniel remarks. 

"What is a mate?" Christina asks.

I'm about to answer but Alarick beats me to it.

"We believe that there's someone made especially for us and we are supposed to live our lives with that someone forever. That special someone is called mate."

I look at Alarick. He's definitely thinking about Chriselda.

"Is Alarick Chriselda's mate?" Christina asks again.

"Yes," I answer.

"Then why aren't they together like Cinderella and her Prince Charming?"