Chapter 6

Silence falls in the room and I decide to break it. I start, "I came here to talk to Angelina but I do have questions for you too. Why does Angelina think that she is Alarick's mate?"

"She has Asperger's syndrome," she answers. She explains, "She lost her parents when she was a kid. In that phase, she used to keep to herself. It's later that she started opening up. Everything was going smoothly until she turned eighteen. When she saw Alarick for the first time, her mind made her believe that he was her mate. Since I'm an Alpha-Beta offspring and she is my granddaughter, she also has Alpha-Beta blood running in her veins. Maybe the Alpha part in her is making her believe that another Alpha is her mate. I'm secretly giving her medicines in her food and hoping that she soon finds her mate."

It takes me a few minutes to grasp the information that Samara provided me about her granddaughter.

Suddenly, Angelina enters the room. "What are you doing here?" She furiously asks.

"I'm here to tell you what you wanted to know yesterday." And I start telling her the reason why I lied to her and everything that can clear things between us.

When I'm done, I wait for her to say something but she doesn't. She just goes to her room.

Samara puts her hand on my shoulder and says, "Angel just needs time to comprehend things."

I nod.

I say goodbye to her. As I leave the house, I come across Alarick. He asks, "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to talk to Angelina."

"How did it go?"

"I don't know. I told Angelina everything and she didn't say anything to me. She just went inside her room," I reply. "I should go."

"I'll come with you."

This time I don't refuse him. I let him accompany me to my pack.

"She was never after Luna's position. She was never pretending to be your mate," I tell him as we continue walking.

"I know."

"You know what?"

"I know about her condition."

"If you knew about her condition then why did you accuse her of being after Luna's position?"

Author's Note:
Follow me on Instagram: @ivanka_natali :)