Chapter 17

On Alpha Dan's orders, Kate's molesters are brought to the basement. It is decided that the execution will take place here and will be carried out by Lucy and Jeremy. The basement door is locked to ensure that the molesters don't escape before releasing them from the silver chains.

Once they are free, they shift into their wolf form for their defense. They know that they are about to be killed so it's their one last attempt to stay alive. The four wolves run towards Lucy and Jeremy, who are still in their human form. The battle of survival and slaughter begins.

The anger in Lucy and Jeremy makes them beat the hell out of the wolves which weakens them and makes them shift back in their human selves. When the assaulters are lying on the floor with very little strength in them, the actual execution takes place.

"I would tear their limbs apart, crack their skulls open and crush their hearts under my feet."

What Alpha Dan said earlier echoes​ in my head as I see his words turn into actions by Lucy and Jeremy. Within minutes, four limbless and lifeless bodies are lying on the floor with their crushed skulls and crushed hearts near them. There is so much blood on the floor. I look at Lucy and Jeremy. The fire in their eyes, which they had in the beginning, is extinguished now. They appear to be calm. Justice has been served.

*

"Thank you so much for your support," Lucy says as she pulls away from the hug. "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be able to even see Kate."

"I'm really glad that I could be of some help. It's good that Kate and Jeremy moved to your pack. Now, you'll be able to take care of them." I tell her with a smile.

She nods. She turns to Matt, probably to thank him too, but he tells me, "I'll be waiting for you inside." And I watch him heading inside the airport. That was quite rude. He has been ignoring Lucy since the execution.

"I'm sorry for his behavior. I really don't know-" I start to say but she stops me.

"You don't need to apologize for anything."

I look at my wrist watch. "It's time."

She hugs me again and says, "Take care."

"You too."

After pulling apart, I nod at Derek. And then I walk towards the airport.

Upon finding Matt, I go to him. "What is wrong with you?" I question regarding his earlier behavior.

"And what is wrong with you?" He retorts.

I'm taken aback by his sharp tone.

"What do you mean?"

"What do I mean? Are you seriously asking me this question? Unbelievable!" He exclaims as he shakes his head at me.

"What's the matter?"

"I'll tell you what the matter is when we reach home," Matt says after catching a few passengers eavesdropping on our conversation.

*

Throughout the flight, Matt and I remain silent. I want to ask him so many questions but I keep my mouth shut. My questions can wait since he said that he'll explain to me everything when we reach our pack.

I open a magazine to pass time. Before I can start reading, I feel someone's gaze on me. I look around but find that everyone is busy with themselves. Was someone really watching me?

*

"Now, will you tell me what's the matter?" I ask as I follow Matt inside the pack house while Darius seems so confused with the tension building in the living room.

"You will end all ties with Lucy," he says as he proceeds to go upstairs to his room.

"Why?"

"Why?" He questions as he turns around sharply to face me. "Were your eyes closed during the execution? Didn't you see the anger and vengeance in Lucy's eyes?"

"I did. So?"

"So? Today she avenged her friend. Tomorrow she'll want to avenge her father and brother."

I sigh in frustration. "Here we go again," I mutter.

"On your request, I was willing to trust her. But after seeing the beast inside her, I don't think it's a good idea. She's dangerous and you should stay away from her."

"You are again accusing her without any evidence."

"Evidence? What evidence do you want? What evidence is going to make you believe that Lucy is not the person she seems to be?" Matt grabs my shoulders. "If she wanted, she could've told us to leave the basement before the execution. Killing those men in front of your eyes was a clear message of what she is capable of doing if someone hurt her loved ones. And last time I checked, her father and brother come under that list. If Lucy can avenge her friend then she can avenge her family too."

I roll my eyes. "You should stop watching those crime shows," I say as I free myself from his grip. I proceed towards the stairs. I cannot deal with this again.

"You will stay away from Lucy," Matt tells me in a warning tone.

"What if I don't?" I ask in a challenging tone.

"Then I will tell Alarick what happened."

Author's Note: I want to thank all the people who still wait eagerly for the updates of this story. And I want to apologize for my irregular updates. University life is not leaving me with enough time to write. So, I request you guys to be patient with me and my story. :)

To the silent readers, if you are enjoying this story even a bit then please vote and comment. I love those two things. It makes me happy and motivates me to write. <3