Chapter 5

I'm so occupied by my thoughts that I don't realize Angelina coming towards me with fire in her eyes.

"You liar!" Angelina exclaims in anger. "You said that you believe that Alarick and I are mates! And now, you have tricked him into believing that you are his mate! How can you be so low?"

A crowd has gathered around us.

"Angelina, go to your house," Alarick orders her.

"I won't move an inch until I hear the truth from her," she says as she crosses her arms.

Suddenly, Samara emerges from the crowd and grabs Angelina. "Let's go Angel."

"I won't Granny. I want to hear the truth."

"Angel, you can't disobey the Alpha's orders. Everything will be explained to you when the time is right. For now, I want you to come with me."

Angelina doesn't rebel anymore and silently goes with her grandmother. Christina, Alarick and I move away from the crowd and resume our journey towards my pack in silence.

*

After entering my house, Mom takes Christina to her room probably to give her share of scolding.

I turn to Alarick and thank him for accompanying me and my sister here.

"Can I have a word with you?" He asks.

I know what he wants to talk about. "Sure." I lead him to my room.

When we face each other, he asks, "Why did Angelina behaved the way like she did today?"

I start telling him about the day when Ciara and I went to meet Angelina. He listens patiently while I speak. I finish off by saying, "I had to lie in order to seek answers from Angelina."

"And today was the second time you met her?" Alarick asks.

"Yes. I didn't get time to meet and explain things to her. But I will tell her everything. Soon," I say.

*

Next day, I decide to head over the Dawnfall Depths Pack again. I want to meet Angelina and tell her the truth. I don't want her to keep misunderstanding me.

When I reach Angelina's house, I knock at the door and Samara answers. "Hello. How are you?"

"I'm good."

"I'm really sorry for Angelina's behaviour," she apologises.

"You don't need to apologise. It was my fault. I shouldn't have lied to Angelina. Is she here? I really want to talk to her," I say with little desperation in my voice. I really want to clear things with Angelina.

"She's not at home right now because she has gone to the pharmacy to get my medicines," Samara says.

"When will she be back?"

"Around thirty minutes. Why don't you come in and wait for her?" She offers and I accept.

We get inside the house and sit in the living room.

"Do you want me to get you coffee or tea?"

"No. Thank you for offering," I refuse politely.

Silence falls in the room and I decide to break it. I start, "I came here to talk to Angelina but I do have questions for you too. Why does Angelina think that she is Alarick's mate?"

"She has Asperger's syndrome," she answers.