When it Dies, More Will Rise - Nicholas

No matter how much I despised the man, there was no one I could tell him

No matter how much I despised the man, there was no one I could tell him. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to live with this agonizing silence. I wanted to speak, I wanted to yell, yet I could not.

The Collectors had taken so much from me. My family, my home. My humanity, my sanity. My life, my freedom. Now my voice.

But I was going to take it all back.

"So do you all have a plan?" John asked after I drove my knife through a Collectors arm. He didn't even pretend to help.

"Yes." Cosmia grunted after slaying her own beast.

"Is it a good plan?" He pressed, stepping out of the way of a blade, letting it slice my arm.

"It's a plan." Cosmia snapped, stepping up in front of him. She was tiny in comparison to him, but the look she wore was made of the flame she hid deep inside. "Now are you going to help? Or we can leave you here, to rot with the Collectors."

"Fine, fine." John raised his hands, chuckling lightly. His voice grated on my ears, if only it had been his tongue that was carved out.

I was still hoping my fast healing could grow my tongue back, as disgusting as that sounded.

My vision blurred for a second and I became lightheaded, stumbling on my feet. I was caught by someone and when I looked up Andrea was staring into my eyes.

"You don't look so good." She placed her hand against my cheek, but I shrugged her off. I was fine.

That was a lie.

I felt fine. I knew they were two different things, but that couldn't stop me.

"Nico..." she begged me with her eyes although she knew there was no point. There was no time for me to sit back for my wounds to heal. "Fine... just stay by me ok?" I rolled my eyes but nodded, giving her a small smile, just for reassurance.

A gunshot rang out, too close for comfort. I quickly pulled Andrea to my chest, panicking that someone shot at her. However, when no bullet hit either of us I slowly released her and looked around. Cosmia stood a few feet away with a gun in hand. She smirked at me and I knew why, she no longer owed me for saving her life.

Thank you. I mouthed, hoping she understood.

"Put pressure on these at least." Andrea brought my attention back to her as she lifted up my arm. There was a steadily growing red circle around a bullet wound I didn't know was there.
While she spoke she tore strips off the bottom of her shirt, wrapping the deepest wounds.