Empty Space - Max

The monster inside was begging to be released

The monster inside was begging to be released. It was a struggle to hold back as I placed my hands on a Collectors face and watched him rot beneath my fingertips.

That's right.

Let him die.

Part of me wanted to stop. But I couldn't, not with it constantly in the back of my head.

Soon the Collector was a pile of burnt flesh. I looked around, Zillah was flipping a guard over her shoulder slamming it into the ground. I was surprised by her strength, but I shouldn't be. She was an alien, I had no idea what she could and couldn't do.

Near her was Andrea, using the walls and floor to her advantage. This place was built against the Collectors, I almost felt bad for them.

Nicholas was in a sort of rage, I wasn't surprised. Nothing slowed him down. He kept a knife close in hand, I didn't think such a small thing could do so much damage. It could in his hands.

Torryn was fighting mostly to protect Estelle. The little girl shouldn't be in a fight like this, but it looked like her brother was doing a good job of protecting her.

Aliens had finally moved out of our way, hiding in their cells or clustered aways down the hall.

That's when I saw Cosmia. Fighting off two Collectors. Spurts of flame came from her hands, but it was weak and uncontrolled.

She's fine.

"Shut up." I growled, bringing a Collector to her knees before she could reach me.

But would she help you? If the roles were reversed?

"Yes." I darted forward, knocking away the Collector who was pushing Cosmia against the wall.

"Thanks." She said breathlessly before turning to the second Collector. I smiled slightly, she couldn't forget her manners even when our lives were on the line.

Distracted, I didn't see the Collectors hand as it came around, slamming my head into the wall. I could hear it's skin sizzling, but not bad enough to make him pull away. Dizzy, I wasn't able to dodge the next punch.

My nose was bleeding, there were doubles of everything. I'd never been a fighter, and without being able to focus my abilities, there was no way I could bring this creature down.

Fight.

Get up.

Quick jab to its throat.

The voice was the only thing I could concentrate on, so I focused on it. The next swing I was able to dodge and I shot my fist up, nailing the Collector in the throat.

"Thanks." I murmured, wrapping my hand around its neck, letting the skin to skin contact do it's job.

We will always keep you safe.