Disappearing acts - Andrea

Nicholas stumbled back at his newfound information

Nicholas stumbled back at his newfound information. "Five days? That's not possible." I couldn't help but smile, relief that he, in fact, did not leave us here.

"But you have." Cosima spoke up, looking just as confused as him, "do you not remember anything?"

"No, I-"

"What's this?" I frowned when he looked away, exasperated. My hand reached forward, fingers lightly hovering over the skin on his cheek. A faint x rested there, barely visible. An old scar, one that looked weeks old. "I've never seen that before."

"Seen what, Andrea." He snapped and I pulled my hand away, "A cheek?"

"No, there's a faint scar. But you've never had an x cut into your cheek." His frown matched my own as he looked down at me.

"I- I don't know." He stumbled backward and leaned against the wall. "The last thing I remember is Estelle screaming at me to leave her alone and then I fell backwards, blacking out. I woke up in this dark room. There were these weird creatures and they started reciting the prophecy but- they added more... More that I've never heard of before." Nicholas's words blurred together like he was talking to himself more than us. He looked more helpless than I'd ever seen him look before.

"Do you remember what they said? What they looked like?" Max cut Nicholas off, snapping him back into reality.

"Well, something about the one who befriends the light and screams in pain with red blood- or something- is going to die. And more will rise. And something about a moon and sun and it flying away." Nicholas put his head in his hands, obviously frustrated. "I don't even know if any of that was right. I was too confused."

"And what they looked like?" Max prompted again, leaning forward. His hands were shaking but he clasped them together to hide it.

"They have no eyes." He whispered "skeletal bodies with grey skin. Like they were decaying but still living."

An image came to my mind. One made from whispers and imagination. Beings of the dead, the past know the future and what is to come. They have no eyes yet can see passed the stars and time itself. A type of being that the Collectors shouldn't have been able to catch, not unless they wanted to be.

"Those of the dead," I whispered.

"What?" I heard Max get up behind me, "But, how could they be here? If they can see the future." His question couldn't be answered, I had given all I knew.

✫ ✫ ✫

It wasn't long before everyone separated, to deal with the new information in their own way.

Max left to wander down the halls. Help pour souls on his way. But he might not find any. The Collectors had been more fierce lately, not letting a single thing slide. Most aliens kept to their rooms, or kept their heads down.