Attacked on Christmas Day

Jesse loved it when it snowed in Beacontown. A white Christmas just felt so much more magical. After a windy, almost blizzard like Christmas Eve, it was bright and sunny the next day, the sun rays making the fresh white snow shimmer.

Jesse walked along the street of Beacontown, her brown eyes scanning the festive surroundings. Christmas lights lined every single building, some wrapped around columns, others lined along the roofs.

A small smile formed on Jesse's lips, her love for the holiday overcoming any negative thoughts that floated through her head. But then, slowly, her smile dimmed again.

Adjusting the grey beanie she was wearing, Jesse stepped up to the door of the office. Sighing at the thought of the work that awaited her inside. Luckily, there wasn't much to do over the holidays. If she concentrated, she could be out of there again in less than two hours.

"Morning Jesse!"

Jesse's head turned to the side upon hearing the cheerful greeting, seeing Radar waving at her. He was smiling from ear to ear, his brown eyes shining brightly.

"Radar, what are you doing here?" Jesse asked, placing her hands on her hips to try and accomplish the stern-boss look.

Radar's face fell, his expression changing to one of puzzlement. Jesse waved her hands at him in a shooing matter.

"I told you, no work during the holidays." She said, a smile finally managing to fight it's way onto her face.

Radar seemed to relax as he realised Jesse wasn't actually scolding him or mad at him. But he still ignored her command, stepping closer any way.

"I want to work, Boss!" He insisted. "I know you have papers that need filling in, my job is to make yours less."

"Not on your-time off." Jesse insisted.

"But it's Christmas for you too." Radar begged. "If anything, you should be the one taking time off."

Jesse sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Radar, please. You haven't taken a day off for the entire year, not even when you were sick with a cold. Please just go enjoy your day."

Radar pouted, looking down at the snow with a sad expression like a kid who was just denied an ice-cream.

"I know you want to be pleasing me all year round." Jesse said, placing a hand on her intern's shoulder. "But today, it would really please me if you just went and had some fun. Go bake cookies, or binge watch Christmas movies, whatever you want to do."

Radar looked up at her. "I want to help you."

Jesse let out a groan, leaning back against the wall. She realised there really wasn't a point in arguing with Radar, but she also couldn't bring herself to watch him work on Christmas.

Seeming to sense Jesse's frustration, Radar's shoulders sagged again. "Okay boss. I'll go." He said in a small voice.

"Just for the holiday. If you want to come back that bad next week, be my guest." Jesse said.

Radar just gave a tiny nod, before turning away. But before taking one step away, he turned back to Jesse and smiled again. "Merry Christmas Jesse."

Jesse's face softened. "And merry Christmas to you, Radar."

Both of them turned away from each other again, Jesse stepping into the office building, while Radar began to walk down the street.

He wasn't really sure where to be heading. What was he going to do with himself if he couldn't work?

Radar tried considering Jesse's suggestions. Bake cookies? No, he'd burn his house down, he's never baked before. Binge watch Christmas movies? He's never liked watching TV.