2 AM Isn't Get-Up-and-Go Time

Requested by @X_EmLee_X
___

It was an incredibly peaceful night. Not a cloud in the sky to hide the stars, a full moon casting a soft white glow across the entire Beacontown. A gentle breeze made the trees gently sway, leaves rustling. Somewhere outside the city walls, an owl was hooting.

Inside the large white building that is the Order Hall, it was completely silent. The only sounds were the occasional soft snore from behind one of the closed bedroom doors.

However, as the clock changed to 02:00, an alarm suddenly went off in every single room, waking the Order members in an instant.

The house was filled with frustrated groans and mumbles as everybody shut off the alarms, trying to resist the urge to go straight back to sleep.

They had a well deserved holiday planned for that summer, that didn't include a mere hike and camping trip two miles out of Beacontown. And – because of very last-minute planning – the only flight they were able to book, left at the crack of dawn. Which meant hauling their tired bodies out of bed merely two hours after midnight.

Everybody slowly began emerging from their bedrooms, fresh clothes sloppily pulled on.
Olivia looked rather awake and excited, probably the only one who didn't have miss-matched socks or a shirt on backwards.
Lukas was delivering the one yawn after the other, but there was still excitement gleaming in his tired blue eyes.
Axel seemed to have simply pulled his clothes over his sleepwear and left his mob of black hair completely uncombed.
Petra looked like a bear woken up from hibernation, a murderous expression plastered on her tired face, her mob of red hair messily tucked in beneath her bandanna.

"Where's Jesse?" Olivia asked as they all carried their suitcases into the living room.

"Don't know, don't care. I need a coffee before we go." Petra mumbled, trudging off in the direction of the kitchen.

"She must have woken up, I don't here her alarm screaming any more." Lukas pointed out as he dug through his bag, double checking that he had some things.

"Maybe she's still getting ready?" Axel suggested, sinking down on the couch.

"I'll go speed her up." Olivia said, placing her shoulder bag down beside her suitcase.

The engineer walked back up the stairs, stopping outside her friend's bedroom door. She gave a few knocks to get Jesse's attention.

"Hey, could you hurry up in there?" Olivia asked. "We want to get going as soon as Petra's got her emergency coffee."

No reply came. Olivia frowned, pressing her ear to the door. She heard absolutely nothing inside.

"Jesse?" She asked, knocking again.

Still no reply. Frowning, Olivia turned the doorknob, opening the door a tiny crack. She peered inside, her eyes searching the dark room. Jesse's suitcases that she had packed the previous day were all ready and waiting, while Jesse herself was nowhere to be seen.

Opening the door all the way, Olivia soon spotted Jesse's form still in her bed. Face buried into the pillow, her one arm still extended to the bedside table from turning off the alarm.

"Jesse!" Olivia said in frustration. "Get up, we have to be on the road in less than ten minutes if we want to get to the airport in time."

No response came.

"Oh for goodness sake, I expected this from Axel, not you!" Olivia grumbled, striding over to the bed.

She extended a hand, giving Jesse's shoulder a light shake. She shook her a little harder when she didn't get a reaction the first time. Jesse mumbled something in her sleep, retreating further back underneath the covers.