Nothing

Direct Sequel to "Invisible". And ironically requested by the same person XD

Every day Jesse would be out on Beacontown's streets, waving to citizens, smiling at everybody. Occasionally she would be sitting under a tree in the park reading a book – or trying to read a book while various fans called out to her, and crowded her. Sometimes she would even stop by the diner she and her friends used to go to, and get some coffee.

But nobody saw Jesse that day, as she stayed inside the Order Hall, the door locked and the curtains drawn.

It turns out somebody managed to recognize her earlier that morning, when she was wandering through the streets, the hood of her jacket pulled low over her face. Now, two hours later, the town was filled with silent whispers over their former-Hero in Residence's strange behaviour.

Jesse was unaware of this however. After the night out in the cold and snow, she had no desire to go outside again. She had made herself a cup of hot cocoa, and sat down on one of the couches in the living room with a book. She had a blanket wrapped around her shoulders for warmth, and her hair was still slightly damp from the snow.

It were times like this, that Jesse was glad she retired from the title as "Hero In Residence". She could stay at home all day if she wanted too.

After ten minutes of blankly staring at the pages of her book, her mind constantly drifting off or getting distracted, Jesse gave up the effort.

She shut her book, tossing it onto one of the armchairs opposite of her, before pulling her knees up to her chest, and wrapping herself more tightly in the blanket. She lay her head on her knees, blinking heavily.

Jesse hadn't slept in days, her depression keeping her up at night. She'd spend most nights just sitting at the window, watching the town silently, drinking strong coffee in the morning to keep herself going.

But it seems the walk she took the previous night had sapped the last of her strength. She didn't even feel the motivation to read, which is ironically her favourite pass times.

Jesse closed her eyes, finding the silence in the living room calming. But also lonely.

She used to be such a happy person, not going a day without laughing or smiling. Yet, here she is, warn out, sad and depressed.

Then again, she used to have her friends with her. She's never been alone before, she's always had somebody who cared for her. Now all her friends are miles away, living their own lives.

Jesse thought she'd be content here in Beacontown, also living her life, doing what makes her happy. However, it seems the loneliness had caught up to her. Just the mere thought of possibly never seeing all her friends again made Jesse's heart sink into emptiness.

Because no matter how cheerful she may appear, or how kind she treats others around her... she always felt nothing inside.

---------------------

As the day tore on, more quiet rumours were spread throughout Beacontown. People were having hushed conversations as they theorised about Jesse's actions earlier that morning.

Nobody stopped to consider that the guy who saw and recognized Jesse might have been wrong, or even lying. But alas, what he saw was true.

Jesse, keeping her face in the shadows, her eyes dark and lifeless. Her hair uncombed, her clothes only hastily pulled over pyjamas. Her breathing trembling, her fingertips blue and her body covered in snow.

It wasn't a description anybody in Beacontown associated with Jesse. And it sparked many conversations and gossiping.

It didn't take long for these rumours to reach Beacontown's new leader, Radar.