Chapter 39: City of Love

I hated leaving Brynn for a week, but Jake reassured me that she'll be fine at Jack and Ashley's hanging out with Josh and Ansely.
Because we have a week until college starts, Jake decided to use this time as our much needed honeymoon.
City of Love, here we come!
"Got everything baby?" Jake asked, grabbing my suitcases from me.
Smiling, I gave him a nod, "yup."
Jack came over yesterday to get Brynn, so we could get everything ready.
Opening the door for me, Jake put the suitcases in the trunk of the black Cadillac and shut it.
He turned to me with a slight smile playing on his lips, "ready, baby?"
While playing with the radio, I nodded.
Putting the key in the ignition, he pulled out of the driveway.
"What hotel are we staying at?" I asked curiously.
A grin formed on his lips, "The Beau Bisou, which means beautiful kiss in French."
I smiled brightly at him, "perfect."
Most people would say we were incredibly cheesy, but I didn't care. I loved him no matter how cheesy he could be.
Driving to the airport, Jake and I sang along to dozens of songs, including my favorite song: "Want you back" by 5 Seconds of Summer.
Opening my door, I was met with the cold Manhattan air.
Being Jake, he slid off his leather jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders.
I smiled at him thankfully.
Wanting to get a good seat in first class, we boarded the plane even though we had twenty minutes until the plane took off.
Not having anything to do, we pretty much made out in the seats of the plane until they told us it was time to take off, no shame.
Because Jake already knew French, it won't be hard for us to communicate with others in Paris.
I'm pretty sure he learned it from his grandfather, who had liven in France for a few years.
I only knew two words in French: bonjour and merci.
"Would you like some champagne?" A professional looking lady questioned with a small smile.
Her brunette hair was tied up in a ballerina's bun.
I smiled in appreciation at her, "sure. Thank you."
Smiling, she nodded, "you're welcome."
Clinking my glass with Jake's, I took a sip of my champagne, "thanks for this, Jake. I need a break before college starts."
With love and passion evident in his eyes, he grinned, "no problem, baby."
Hearing those four little letters never gets old. It always makes me smile when that word leaves his lips.
Several hours of peaceful sleep later, the plane landed in the Paris airport.
After the pilot announced we were in Paris, I unbuckled my seat belt and walked off the plane with Jake following.
Because of it being almost seven o'clock, Jake suggested we should go somewhere to eat, which I gladly obliged.
Knowing they had a wonderful reputation because of his grandfather's words, Jake picked "Pierre Gangraire."
I just hope they have some good French food; I'm looking forward to tasting it.
Inside, the lighting was beautifully decorated, only fluorescent lights were used to illuminate the place perfectly.
"How many of you?" A blonde lady sporting a French brand inquired.
Thank God, there were Americans here.
Even though Jake would be able to understand, its relieving to know if they were flirting with him.
I smiled, "two."
Nodding, she led us to a table in the back by a beautiful window.
Thanking her, we sat down across from each other, grateful for the quietness.
Reaching for some French bread in the middle of the table, I took a bite of it.
Moaning in delight of the goodness, Jake frowned at me.
"What? Am I eating it wrong?" I panicked.
The look he gave me told me all he had to say, I was killing him.
"Awe baby, you'll get over it," I teased him, earning a low growl.
A dark brown haired girl cleared her throat, making us look at her, "Now that I have your attention," she laughed quietly, "I'm your waitress, Brielle."
Her light brown eyes lit up as she smiled at both Jake and I.
A smile crossed my lips, grateful I didn't have to deal with her hitting on Jake.
Nodding, we both told her what we wanted to drink.
With a carefree toss of her hair, she smiled, "merci!"
"De rien," the French accent rolled of Jake's tongue effortlessly, making it ten times hotter.
Keep your hormones in check Brooklyn!
I'm pregnant, okay?! My out of whack hormones are making it horny.
"She seemed nice," I commented.
While reading the menu, he nodded in agreement, "most French people are."
I huffed angrily, "why didn't you marry one then?"
Chuckling, he smirked, "you're hot when you're jealous, baby."
Rolling my eyes, I turned my attention to the menu in front of me.
Noticing it was in French, I groaned in annoyance, "I don't know what this says!"
Laughing lightly, he smiled, "try this," he pointed to some kind of French steak entree.
It honestly looked inedible, but he knows more about French food than me so I'll take his word for it.
Once our food arrived, Jake thanked me and reassured me it was safe to eat.
Bracing myself, I tasted the strange steak.
Surprisingly, it was wonderful.
"Oh God," I moaned, forgetting Jake hated when I did that.
Glaring at me, he growled huskily, "baby, please stop."
So he can growl, but I can't moan? Wow..... hypocrite much?
Muttering a few inaudible profanities under my breath, I glared at him.
A few moments of silence passed, and I was done being mad at him.
Taking a sip of my French white wine, I giggled, "are you mad at me?"
Shaking his head, he couldn't help but smile, "I could never be mad at you, baby"
Smiling contentedly, I finished my meal and ate a few extra baguettes.
They were so damn delicious that you couldn't refuse.
I laid my head against the chair tiredly.
His brown eyes showed concern, "tired?"
"A little," I muttered, frowning.
Feeling his touch on my thigh made me smile.
How he makes me feel is unreal.
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I fall more in love with this man everyday.
***********
Holidays are over, so I have a few more days to update before school starts up again.
Did you like this chapter?
Comment your thoughts down below💖🙈👌🏻