Chapter 13: They're gonna get Hell.

I woke up and it was three in the morning.
Damn how long did I sleep?!
I tried turning but was met with something hard as rock.
"Jake," I muttered.
"What?" He muttered in an incredibly husky voice.
I smiled, "did I fall asleep?"
He nodded, "yea you did. Want some breakfast?"
I grinned and nodded at him.
"Okay pancakes?"
"Ooh yes!"
He chuckled, "only you Brynn."
I smiled cheekily, "yup but you have to deal with me."
He laughed, "my pleasure."
I loved that he dealt with me even with my flaws.
I knew he had a hard childhood and still does but I hope I can eventually make it better.
"Jake?" I whispered.
"What?"
"Were you serious?"
"About what Brynn?"
"Do you really love me....?"
He tilted his head, "of course I do, why are you asking?"
"Then why did you ignore me?"
He sighed and sat on his couch, "It was better for you but God I couldn't stay away from you. The moment I saw your face with all those tears, I broke down. I'm in love with you Brynn and my mom sure as hell can't keep me away from you."
"What did your mom do Jake?"
"She killed my sister and I'm pretty sure she wants to kill me too so I firgued if I stayed away from you then you wouldn't get hurt."
"She wants to kill you?!" I shouted.
"Pretty sure."
"Why?!"
He sighed, "I don't know..."
I couldn't believe this, why would his own mother want to kill him?! Pathetic.
I wrapped my arms around his neck, "its okay Jake. I'll be fine and so will you."
"Brynn you don't know what my mom is capable of."
I stared him dead in the eye, "she can't fucking control you Jake."
He sighed, "I'm worried about you, I know that she can't do anything to me."
"I'll be fine."
I couldn't stop my beating heart when he mentioned his mom trying to kill me. What did I do to her? Can she just not stand the fact that someone loves her son? Jake and Jayce are the only people that keep me going, keep me calm when I want to murder someone. I swore up and down that I would never like a boy because I despised the male population but one look at his beautiful brown eyes and I was willing to break that promise.
"I'll be fine because you'll be there to protect me, you always have Jake and I'm pretty damn sure you always will."
He looked up at me with sad eyes, "there's only one person that can protect you and I haven't seen him in years."
Who?
"Who are you talking about Jake?"
He looked at the ground and tears rimmed his eyes, "my dad."
His dad?!
"What happened to him?"
"He left years ago because my mom is a bitch."
"I'm sorry Jake....."
"Why? I don't give a damn so why should you? My mom is a snake and I understand a hundred percent why my father left, I would to."
"You don't miss him?"
"Of course I do but Lord do I not want them two in the same house. It wouldn't end well."
I couldn't process not wanting your family to be together. I always wanted the perfect family picture but Jake never got it, not even close. His father left, my mom is a psycho and his step father is a drunk asshole.

Jake
"Why are you here son?"
"I need your help dad, its about mom."
"Didn't I tell you I don't want to see that asshole again?" He growled.
"Dad-"
"I'm not being in the same room as that sick prick okay?"
"She's trying to kill me dad, don't you care?!"
His eyes darkened, "why the hell would she be trying to kill you? She won't even lift a finger to do the laundry but she's planning a muder?!"
"She also killed Avery."
"Fuck!" He yelled, throwing a bottle of champagne against the wall.
"I'm sorry dad."
"I'm sorry too. I'm sorry that you had to go through hell and back just because I couldn't be a suitable father for my own damn kids. I left you with that bitch you call your mother."
Most people think I have no emotions but seeing my dad so broken and vulnerable kills me. Chase claims I'm just like him and don't have a heart but the girl with long black hair and blue eyes, just one look at her and I drop to my knees. Some say I've gone soft but Jayce says I just found the person to open my heart and damn it feels good.
Just two years ago I was this guy with closed up emotions because of his late sister but now I will cry in front of the love of my life and not give a fuck.
"Who's she?" I asked pointing at a brown haired woman wearing a yoga suit.
"Oh um Jake this is my new wife Ashley," my father hesitated.
My eyes widened, "your wife?!"
"Yes I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I just wanted it to be a surprise."
"Do I have any siblings?" I muttered.
"You have two son."
"I want to meet them," I challenged with cold emotionless eyes.
He gulped, "okay. Ashley go get him."
My breath hitched in my throat and my heart sped up.
"Jake, this is your little brother Josh."
My eyes widened as I stared into the bright blue eyes of my little brother.
"Who's the other one?"
"We're expecting on your birthday son."
My jaw dropped.
The fuck.