Chapter 34: How did we end up here?

Being the Valedictorian, Jayce stood on the stage with a grin on his face, "high school is the end of one journey, and the start of another. When obstacles stand in our way, we jump over them and demolish them. Life throws curveballs, we dive out the way. We've been together for four years, just getting to know each other. We've delevoped lifelong friendships, and met our soulmates. Together, we're stronger. College will test our patience and sanity, but we will come out dominant. We walked through the flames of hell everyday for four years to get our college degree, to open up so many doors for us. Was it worth it? Probably not. Would I do it again? Hell yes, because without high school, my life would be a whole lot different. I'm gonna miss most of you, the ones I got to know. We'll keep in touch throughout college because I can't imagine my life without you."
A smile crossed my lips as I listened, he always did have a way with words.
Jake intertwined our fingers, smiling at me, "this is it Summers. In less than a hour, we'll be high school graduates."
Pecking his lips softly, I smiled back, "I know, how did we end up here?"
Chuckling, he replied, "we walked through hell and came out victorious."
I stared at my ring with a smile on my face. Flashing in the lights were the diamonds that were carved in it. I was engaged to the love of my life and my best friend, life honestly couldn't be better.
As the principal said his final words, we threw our caps in the air.
"We actually graduated," Blake commented.
Jake laughed, a michevous glint in his eye, "barely."
After hugs from our parents, we turned to each other, "let's go eat."
Grinning, we all decided to go with Blake's request. What better way to end graduation then with some good food.
"Who's paying?" Jake questioned with a look.
"I'll do it," Emerald offered, "any excuse to spend my parents' fortune."
Since Madison had the a SUV, we decided to take hers to go eat at The Grill, some place in downtown Manhattan.
We were all chatting happily about what were gonna do after school starts up again, college and whatnot.
"Everyone shut up! This is my song," Madison exclaimed as "Queen" by Shawn Mendes blasted from the radio speakers.
"Yep, it describes you perfectly," Jake smirked.
In turn, she shot him a death glare.
Walking into The Grill, we noticed a lot of people in fancy suits and short dresses.
"What is this? A fucking casino?" Jake muttered, causing us all to laugh.
"How many?" The lady at the front asked, batting her eyelashes at Jake.
Back the fuck off my fiancee lady!
Before Jake could respond, I cut in, "six. Oh, and he's mine so if you wouldn't mind, back the fucking hell off."
Widening her eyes, she opened her mouth to say something but decided against it, "have a good day ma'am."
Faking a smile, I nodded, "I sure will."
They lead us to a booth in the back of the restaurant.
I sat on one side with Jake and Madison next to me; Jayce, Emerald, and Blake were on the opposite end.
"What can I get you all to drink?" A man with blonde hair and bright blue eyes questioned.
"Uh, I'll have a Dr. Pepper," I replied with a small smile that he took as more than politeness.
"Okay love," he spoke in a thick British accent, sending me a wink, "what about you?" He asked Jake who had already grabbed my hand possessively.
God, his jealousy is so damn hot.
"I'd like a coke, and for you to stop calling my fiancee love," he growled, emphasising on fiancee.
His flirty smile immediately faltered, "sorry sir, I didn't know she was your fiancee."
Narrowing his eyes, Jake growled, "so you just missed the diamond ring huh? The sparkly thing that cost about twenty-five thousand dollars, you just missed it?"
I was incredibly turned on by his growl right now, and it's killing me.
The once overconfident waiter looked very flustered, "I guess I did sir. I assure you it was a honest mistake," he fumbled over his words.
"Stop apologizing, it's getting embarrassing," Jake smirked deviously.
He nodded quickly, moving along to the rest of our table's drink orders.
Once he was gone, I turned to Jake with a playful glare, "you really got to stop doing that unless you want me to take you in the bathroom."
A smirk formed on his lips, a smirk that made me wet down there, "did I turn you on baby?"
I growled lowly, "hell yes."
Before he could reply, a different waiter handed us our drinks. We mumbled thank you to him before he left.
As I sipped my drink, Jayce spoke up, "it's sad to think in just a few months we'll all be going our separate ways. I'm going to miss you guys."
"We'll miss you too bro," Blake grinned.
Even though I didn't know them for very long, these five people meant the world to me, and I'd hate to loose them.
"This isn't goodbye," Madison assured us, "we'll see each other again someday." She intertwined Blake's finger with her own, reminding him they'll be together forever.
Our food soon came; I ordered a steak.
This journey is far from over, but I do know whatever I do, it will be with Jake. He's my lifeline, I can get through anything with him by my side.
*********
They graduated. They really should keep their jealousy in check. Seriously Brookyln?