Chapter Four: Are you jealous?

We were singing a bunch of Shawn Mendes at the top of their lungs as the boys groaned.
"Turn it off!!" Blake screamed.
Savannah rolled her eyes, "make us!"
"Don't tease me," he growled.
Does Blake like Savannah? Are they secretly dating?!
She stuck out her tongue at him and I noticed something flash within his eyes.
I could definitely sense some sexual tension in here...
Chase seemed to notice too because he reached up and touched my shoulder which meant 'something is going on here'.
I nodded at him.
"We're here guys," Jake pressed.
We all grinned and got out of the car.
"Wanna race to the front entrance Kingston?" I smirked at him.
A smirk crossed his face as well, "you're on."
We both sprinted towards the entrance but he beat me and I groaned; cursing under my breath.
"Damn you football players," I growled at him.
He shrugged, "sorry we football players are fit Summers."
Savannah giggled and whispered to me, "he totally likes you."
I shook my head, "no he doesn't."
She grinned michevously at me, "you'll see Brooklyn."
I rolled my eyes.
I still thought it was unbelievable that he would like me no matter how many people tell me.
"Alright I beat you now you have to go on every ride with me," he smirked and my eyes widened, "what?!"
My breathing hitched, for some reason it scared me and enlightened me at the same time.
"Trust me I'll make sure you have fun."
The words that slipped out of my mouth next scared me.
"I bet you will," I winked at him.
A surprised look appeared in his eyes and I knew he didn't expect that, neither did I....
Savannah smirked at me and I returned it; glancing at Blake.
She blushed and looked down.
I had my answer.
I grinned and then frowned when Jake pulled me along with him to the Empire State Building.
I glanced up at it and gulped.
It was like fifty feet high and then dropped you back down multiple times for about a minute.
Just the thought of it left an uneasy feeling in my stomach.
Jake turned to me, "you coming?"
I sighed and followed him.
I shakily stepped on the ride next to Jake and buckled up my seat belt.
"You'll be fine don't worry," Jake assured me.
I smiled at him.
The ride started slowly and sped up; dropping me down as my stomach churned.
I gripped my seatbelt hard.
Suddenly I felt tingles in my hand and looked over to see Jake's hand holding mine but he wasn't looking at me, he was looking off in the distance.
I bit my lip as the butterflies in my stomach erupted.
It scared me honestly that Jake did this to me.
I couldn't like him, he was a football player and the last time I liked a football player something happened to me.
The ride stopped and I hopped off running as fast as I could not checking if he was following me.
I had to get away from him.
I kept running until I was out of breath and sat down at a bench.
"Are you okay?" A boy asked me.
I looked up; saw a boy with black hair and brown eyes.
"I'm fine," I muttered while sobbing softly.
He knelt down in front of me and lightly touched my hand, "you're crying."
I rolled my eyes, "I know."
His didn't feel soft and warm like Jake's, it feel cold and really didn't comfort me at all.
He chuckled, "what's wrong?"
"I really don't want to tell someone I don't know what the hell is wrong with me!" I snapped unintentionally.
I didn't even know the kid and I certainly didn't want to tell him about my deepest fear.
Getting hurt again.
He sighed, "I get it. You don't want to talk to me but please talk to someone."
I scoffed as he walked away.
"What's wrong?!" Chase demanded as he looked at my face.
"I'm scared Chase..." I whispered.
He wrapped his arms around me and I buried my head in the crook of his neck.
"What about Brookie?"
"I'm scared if I admit to Jake that I like him.... it'll happen again."
He instantly knew what I was talking about and rubbed circles on my back.
Most people ship me and Chase but I don't like him like that.
He knows I don't want a boyfriend well not until Jake...
"How about you try to talk him? I know Jake better than anyone and I know under all that guarded exterior he has a heart of gold. He would never do anything to you...."
I secretly wanted to break down those walls and see Jake Kingston for who he really is, I want him to do it for me..
"Do you think he likes me?"
"Brookie," he chuckled, "I know Jake likes you."
My heart fluttered at the thought of him liking me.
"Ok," I whispered, "I talk to him."
Something flashed through Chase's eyes but he quickly covered it up.
"Yea you do that."
"Is there something wrong?"
He shook his head, "no of course not!"
I wasn't convinced but I decided to let it go for now and go find Jake.
"Jake?!" I called.
No answer.
I called again but nothing.
"Jake?!" I found myself whimpering.
What is wrong with me?
I finally found him and rushed towards him but he was kissing some girl and it killed me.
It killed me that I thought he was different. But no he's just like all the others, just like him...
Tears streamed down my face and the rejection I felt stung like a bitch.
I watched as that girl kissed the life out of him in horror.
I thought he liked me but he was just being a jerk.
Are you jealous?
Hell yes.
What killed me is that I fell for it.
I fell for his little trick and I hated it.
He's the same Jake Kingston everyone says he is... he's bad news.
***
😭😭😭
Do you believe Jake is who everyone thinks he is?
Why did he do it? Was he jealous? Angry? Or Bored?
Byeeee💕